29 ☻

Karma Police | Radiohead
_

Dan didn't have a lot of people in his life that truly cared for him. He had never felt as if he belonged.

But there was something about this boy with midnight black hair and the most beautiful blue eyes that captivated him.

Dan had begun to consider him as a very good friend and over the past month they had become very close.

Sure he curious about how Phil knew him but Phil had asked him for some time and he respected that. But right now, guilt was overpowering Dan as he felt as if he was to be blamed for Phil's sudden disappearance.

He pushed past the other students as he made his way to Zoe's locker.

He had never spoken to her but right now, he didn't care about anything else. His only goal was to find out if Phil was okay.

Spotting Zoe next to her locker he walked towards her and lightly tapped her shoulder to get her attention.

Confused eyes stared back at him and then lighted up with realisation.

"Hey um Zoe right?"
He managed to spit out without stuttering and sounding like an idiot.

"Yeah what's up Dan?"
She spoke back with the confidence that Dan lacked.

His eyebrows raised up when she called him by his name. But he let that be for now.

"Yeah uh it's about Phil?"
Zoe stared back at him not knowing how Dan knew Phil. But she wasn't going to ask him that. She would ask Phil about that later.

"Phil is ...." she paused to find the right words, "It's not my place to tell you Dan but I can assure you that he's safe. I could tell him to message you?"

Nodding his head, Dan threw her a distracted but thankful smile. He added a quick goodbye and made his way home; his mind only replaying the conversations he's had with Phil and hoping that Phil was safe like Zoe had reassured him.