Chapter 6

"You know, Dipstick, he's a lot like you actually" Chloe told her male dalmatian as the gang woke up the next morning. "Sweet and solid, funny without meaning to be"

"Ah, young love" Cadpig sighed with a smile, thinking back how she and Winston met and how they used to date when they were teenagers. 

The humans and their dalmatians were enjoying the moment. When just then, the phone rang. Chloe went to answer it while the puppies were playing together. 

Chloe, the Harpercop siblings, and the adult dalmatians soon looked upset and confused after Chloe got a call from a mysterious man asking if she had dalmatian puppies. 

"Okay, that's a bit creepy" Ann admitted and the adult dalmatians and others all nodded in agreement.  

Just then, Kali's cellphone started ringing from her pocket. She looked to see that it was from home and from her parents. 

"Hello?..." Kali answered the call. 

"Kali! Oh, thank goodness you're okay!" Jane cried out in relief like something bad had just happened.  

"Uh, yeah" Kali answered back, sounding confused. "Why wouldn't I be?" 

"Are Lucky and the others with you?!" Jane asked urgently with worry in her voice.  

"Yes, of course, they're right here" Kali turned, looking to her younger siblings and dalmatians. 

"Why, is everything okay?" The tomboy asked in concern, but she got no answer from her mother. 

"Mom... What's going on?" Kali asked again. 

Her father Walter soon took the phone and began explaining what had happened back at home. Apparently, all of the rest of the Harpercops dalmatians had mysteriously gone missing without a trace. And that's not all, Walter told Kali to turn on the TV to the news channel and saw that the headlines were made of dalmatians disappearing all over the globe. This greatly shocked everyone. 

"We'll do what we can" Kali told her father before she hung up her cellphone and sighed, looking completely distraught not knowing what to do. 

"I can call Ryder and the Paw Patrol and see if they know anything" Marshall offered, if it'd make his favorite human feel a little better. 

"Thanks, Marshall. That would help" Kali told the fire dog, forcing a small smile in this difficult time.  

Oddball, Little Dipper, and Domino looked worried for Kali and the other adults. 

"What's going on here?" Chloe asked, shocked and confused to why this was happening. 

"We did hear strange noises last night" Patch explained. 

"And I could've sworn I smelt Carlos De-Vil" Marshall added, narrowing his eyes in suspicion. 

"Something's up" Kali told the gang, also growing suspicious about the weird phone call they had received, plus the news about all the dalmatians across the world. 

"Do you think Kevin may know something about this?" Rolly asked.  

"He might" Brock replied. "He runs a dog shelter after all" 

"And that man on the phone did say something about dalmatian puppies at the 2nd Chance dog shelter" Ann mentioned. 

"Well then, we should go" Chloe said, getting dressed. 

"You guys stay here and watch the dogs" Kali told her younger siblings for their and the dalmatians' own safety, just in case. 

Chloe, Kali, and Lucky then hoped onto her motor scooter and sped off down to the 2nd Chance dog shelter.