Chapter 5- Gemma

Chapter 5- Gemma

I walked into Maddy's cousin's house and almost got pushed over by some dude who wasn't wearing pants who had come running past me. I grabbed onto Maddy's arm to steady myself and looked around. The house was huge like a mansion except not that big but close to mansion size.

All the doors were wide open as were the windows and I could see a massive pool and garden down the hallway in the backyard.

Music was pounding at top volume and the whole house was shaking. There was a DJ in one corner of the sitting room and massive speakers in every room. Every where there were people. People dancing, people drinking, people making out. It was 11.00 and already there were beer cans littering the floor and rubbish everywhere.

'Nice house' I screamed over the music so Maddy could hear.

'Yeah I know, I'll introduce you to Gemma' she said and she grabbed my hand and pulled me down the hallway, dodging couples making out on the floor.

I fidgeted with the bottom of my dress as Maddy lead me through most of the rooms in the house as we tried to find her cousin. As we walked, heads turned to stare at me as we past. I tried to get my hair to covered my face but people still watched me and whispered things behind their hands.

We found Gemma in the backyard in the pool with a bunch of people around her.

'Hey Gem' Maddy called out to her.

'Maddy!!' Gemma said excitedly. She swam over to the side of the pool and lifted herself out.

She was wearing one of the sluttiest bikinis I had ever seen. I mean this covered nothing and I mean NOTHING! And I bet you her boobs are fake because no one has boobs THAT BIG!

She walked over to us and gave Maddy a hug getting her all wet.

'Whose your friend?' Gemma asked, turning to me and looking me up and down.

'This is Mazie, her auntie lives next door to me' Maddy said but I don't think Gemma was listening. She was still staring at me.

'Well I can see that someone got hit by the ugly stick' Gemma said, raising her eyebrow at me and crossing her arms over her chest. Two of her friends came up beside her and crossed their arms too as they looked down their noses at me.

'Gemma don't be mean' Maddy said, grabbing my shoulder and pulling me away. 'Come on Mazie let's go'.

'I'm glad you found someone to hang out with who is even uglier than you' Gemma called to us as we walked away.

'Don't listen to her' Maddy said as she pulled me inside.

'I've heard it all before so it's ok' I said to her and she frowned sadly at me.

I heard footsteps behind me and I turned around to see a cute blonde boy come up to us.

'Hey don't listen to Gemma, she always talks and acts like this when she's drunk' he said.

I couldn't stop staring at him. He had beautiful blue eyes and blonde hair but I could see his brown roots so I'm guessing that his not a natural blonde. He was wearing a blue T-shirt and jeans and he had his hands in his pockets.

I couldn't stop myself from smiling at him and he smiled back at me and I saw that he had clear braces on his teeth. He is seriously cute. I take that back, he is seriously hot!

'Oh Maddy, sorry I didn't see it was you' he said, giving Maddy a hug.

'Hey Niall, Mazie this is Niall. Niall this is Mazie'.

'Hi' I said quietly.

'Hey' he said. 'Look I'm really sorry about what Gemma said but she is really sweet most of the time'.

'Its ok' I said to him even though it wasn't.

'How come you've never told me about Mazie before, Maddy?' Niall asked.

'I met her yesturday. She's staying with her auntie who is my neighbour' she explained.

'Where are you from originally?' Niall asked me.

'Australia'.

'Really! That's so cool'.

'It is?' I asked shocked.

'Yeah, I love Australian accents. My cousin lives in Melbourne' he said.

'I'm going to get a drink' Maddy said. 'You want anything?'

'I'm good' I told her and she walked away to go and hunt down something to drink. Which left me alone with Niall.

'Your Irish!' I said, suddenly realising which is kind of sad since he had been talking to me for the last mintue.

'Yeah, I live in London now though' he said.

'Oh why?' I asked him.

'Um...work'.

'Oh right cool' I said. I felt like such an idiot.

'Do you not know who I am?' Niall asked me.

I shook my head. 'I just met you today didn't I'.

'Yeah but I'm..' but he didn't get to finish because Gemma had come running up to us. She had wrapped a towel around herself but she was still wet.

'Nially!!' she exclaimed, smaking her lips against his.

I stood awkwardly as the two of them made out. Niall pulled away from Gemma but still kept his arm wrapped around her waist.

'Hey Gem, I just arrived, sorry I'm late' he said.

'Thats ok, your here now. Did the boys come with you?'

'Yeah their here somewhere' he said.

'Why are you talking to HER?' Gemma asked noticing that I was there.

'Just getting to know her' Niall said, winking at me.

I blushed and Gemma scowled.

'What happened to your face? Did your parents burn half of it off in your sleep?' Gemma asked nastily.

'GEMMA!' Niall said sounding shocked.

'No it's alright Niall' I told him, turning away from them to hide my face.

But I didn't hear what he said next because I was already running away from them. There were tears prickling in my eyes but I made sure not to let them fall.

I located Maddy and grabbed onto her arm.

'Can we go?' I asked her.

She put down her drink, as she could tell that something had happened.

'Sure thing' she said and we walked out of the front door.

I could hear Niall calling my name from somewhere behind me but I didn't turn around as Maddy and I walked outside to her car.