Chapter 34 - Perception

READ! Alright, lovelies, here's another upload for you all. I really hope you like it and please remember to vote, comment, and fan if you do because it literally makes my day! :D I'm going to ask again if you could please check out my new romance story The Model's Bodyguard? You might like it and it would mean a lot to me. So yeah, this chapter wasn't like WOW. OMG. GRRREAT but still important before the next chapter when things start to quicken up considerably. Oh, and buckle up for the next chapter! It will be very... ;)

Anyway, thanks for reading! Laters, baby. (: <3

____________________________________________________________________________

~Fabian~

It was nearing the end of the day and I couldn’t be any more relieved. I swear, I can freaking jump off the Sky Tower and fall flat on my ass with a wide smile on my face. The students from

the last period were idiots and no, I felt no guilt in saying it.

I was glad that Melinda was sitting just feet away as she talked to her friends even if I couldn’t be with her because the sight of her near was calming. I had been on edge all day, like a crazy idiot, worried that the son of a bitch would do something or make the first move he claimed he would. He wasn’t getting anywhere near Melinda, not by me he wasn’t. This was my girlfriend we were talking about, the only girl to ever really mean something to me, and there was no probability of the dude causing her harm. None

As the class was settling down, my eyes found their way to most beautiful girl in the room-world, same thing- and she gave me a quick smile, beautiful and brief, that I had to return even if it was as I looked down at the stack of papers in my hand. 

They were paragraphs Mel and I talked about. Yes, I had been serious about that. Here in my hands were the handwriting samples of about one hundred twenty students. I would check the male ones first, then the female ones just to be sure, I mean, maybe he had told a girl to write it for him but I doubted it. The handwriting was clearly all dude, trust me. In a matter of minutes I would have every student’s handwriting from my class periods because I still hadn’t asked for my fifth and last period. The hopeful part of me sank when I remembered how maybe the dick wasn’t in any of my classes or a student at all. No, no teacher could like her. None but me... If that made any sense or didn’t make me sound like some pedophile. 

Goddammit, when the stupid pedophile thoughts come to my mind it just fogs up my head and makes me feel shit! Is four years a difference too much? Is it bad for me to care so deeply for my student? Honestly, most of me didn’t care. It was only the traditional perception of what was acceptable and expected that got in the way.

It’s all about perception...

Pensive, I looked up, only to be met by the calm storm of icy blue water that was Melinda’s eyes. She studied me with confused worry that I needed to be erased. Her dark eyebrows were furrowed and I wanted to smooth the creases it made on her flawless skin with my fingers. She needn’t worry. I gave her a quick smile and she winked, diverting her attention back to Seth, Micah, and Nick when she felt reassured. I wanted to shake my head and laugh from the amusement but I refrained. 

She was so- Who’s that? And why is he looking at me with a hideous scowl on his face? A pair of dark brown eyes had been watching me intently, frowning, then as quickly as they came, they were gone and he looked elsewhere. That dude doesn’t like me. I must have gotten him off in one of the trig diagrams or something. 

Or... He could have been watching Melinda and I. I look back at him, remembering his name was Connor, and for some reason I feel that he’s trying his best to look anywhere but back at me. He was tense, tapping his notebook silently with the eraser of his pencil.