Chapter 14 - Want Some Coffee?

Here's a chapter that I think came out pretty good. I'll upload soon since I'm on freaking Spring Break. Yeah! Lol. Please don't forget to vote, comment, and fan if you liked this chapter! (:

_____________________________________________________________________________

"Breakfast is served!" I called out to Landon as I placed the last plate of food on the dinner table. Today was Saturday and that meant I would make an orgasmic breakfast of pancakes, waffles, pop tarts, eggs, and bacon. Yes, it was like a flucking IHOP this morning. I couldn't cook sophisticated foods ending in strange foreign words but I could make a nice hot breakfast. I was so exited! I can just see myself pigging out already.

"Landon!" I shouted, the sound vibrating in the house. Damn, man! I was hungry with pounds of food in front of me that I couldn't eat until Landon showed up with his little booty.

There was still no little boy flying in through the kitchen.

"Chicago's going to burn!" I used our code and finally heard a few tired little footsteps. When he appeared, it seemed a walking zombie had taken the place of the tall the year old. Hmm. Funny, since we didn't wake up early that he'd be tired. It's already twelve! Must be just another Landon act.

"You're so annoying." He whined, his head tilted to the side, eyes nearly shut. A little rumble of laughter threatened to escape my mouth but I held it in. He couldn't think it was okay to just go around calling people annoying, expecting them to laugh like his idiot sister did.

"If you don't act cool we won't be going to Lori's today." I said, waiting for an outburst.

"Melly, we're going to Lori's today? We never go to Lori's saturdays! I'm so exited! I'll be cool, Melly, I promise." My little brother jumped up and down and that definitely deserved a little laughter. His excitement was well earned since I was way too selfish and lazy to use saturdays to go to Lori's. I already saw her almost every other day.

Yet today was an exception...

"Come on, boy, let's dig in!"

***

I patted my belly, rubbed it, then groaned.

"I am so flucking full!" Landon giggled and I looked up at him with an eyebrow raised.

"What's so funny?" I ask, smirking.

"You look and sound ugly after you eat." He laughed again.

"Waah! That hurts." I whined.

"When are we leaving, Melly?" Landon asked.

"Not yet, honeybun. Go do something cool." I smiled at him.

"See ya!" He ran to his room, probably to play with his cars and I moved my overstuffed self over to my room. The glossy, lovely peace of instrument was plopped down at its usual place where I picked it up and started to play what came off of the top of my head.

I sang, I belted, jammed, jumped, danced, and scram while my fingers and hands strummed along the guitar, causing the inspiring rock tunes I had loved all my life. It was the only think I was thankful to my dad for giving me besides my brother. The love of music; rock to be specific.

I had noticed that after I finished playing some Joan Jett, Aerosmith, Led Zeppelin, Queen, and Journey that I had played for too long, once again losing myself in the invigorating sounds of the music. It was like a drug to me that took me away from the earth for a while and brought me back confused and dazed.

I nearly flew to the bathroom, then took a quick shower and ran to my room in a towel. I chose a pair of decent length shorts, a blood red blouse, and all-black Vans. Once I was dressed, I blow-dried my hair and carefully brushed it. All I had to do now was get Landon ready.