21. Please Give Me A Chance✔

Same Night

Nidhi woke up in the middle of the night. She could hear someone sobbing. She looked towards the bed. There was no one. She got up and noticed that  the door to the balcony was open. With her heart beating fast, she made her way to the balcony. Her heart broke at the sight in front of her. Ajay was sitting in a corner, holding his knees close to himself. 

Nidhi thought,  "I can't leave him like this. Oh!" Seeing him in pain, tears started flowing down her eyes. Her legs automatically moved towards him. She sat down next to him and kept her hand on his shoulder. Ajay looked up at her. Nidhi wiped his face.

Ajay spoke between his sobs, "Please don't leave me. Pl...please Ni...Nidhi...I can't live without you. Please...please." He joined his hands in front of her. 

Nidhi did not know what to do. She wanted to leave him but then she wanted to live with him. Her heart was confused. Ajay continued, "Don't forgive me.....but give me a chance.....please....let me earn your forgiveness."

Nidhi looked at him, his broken state, his pain. At that very moment, she took the decision. She nodded at him. Ajay's body visibly relaxed. 

"Come with me Ajay. Let's go inside the room," said Nidhi. Ajay nodded. He got up with Nidhi's help and entered the room. She made him drink some water and said, "Go and wash your face."

Ajay nodded and went to the washroom. He washed his face with water and tried to calm himself. When he re-entered the room, he could not find Nidhi. Panicking, he searched for her in the balcony, in the closet, below the bed. He was about to go outside the room, when Nidhi entered with a plate of food. 

Looking at Ajay's face, she could easily guess what happened. She kept the food on the table and cupped his face. "I am not going anywhere for four months. Four months and two weeks to be exact. You have all the time to earn my forgiveness."

Ajay nodded. Nidhi made him sit on the couch and sat down next to him. She was about to feed him, when Ajay interrupted, "You will not eat?" "I have  already eaten," she replied. He requested again, "Little?"

Nidhi smiled and nodded. She fed Ajay, and Ajay also fed her in between. "Never skip your meals," she warned him. Ajay nodded like an obedient kid. He would do anything for her.

Nidhi quickly went to the kitchen and came back. She made Ajay lay down on the bed and was about to move away, when he spoke, "Stay with me naa...please." Ajay looked like a small kid, whose favourite chocolate was being snatched from him. Nidhi switched off the light and laid down next to Ajay. "Can I hug you?" he asked.

She had wished to be in his arms but never imagined that he would ask for her permission. She said a low yes and was immediately pulled by Ajay. He made her keep her head on his arm, placing his other arm on her waist. Nidhi snuggled closer to him and said, "Do something, Ajay. I want to forgive, to love you....but I can't forget everything...help me. Please Ajay, do something."

Ajay felt his t-shirt getting wet with Nidhi's tears. He immediately wiped them and said, "I will." Saying so, he placed a chaste kiss on her forehead. 

They held each other firmly. They were the medicines to each other's wounds. They promised to love each other. That night, the two broken souls found solace in each other. 

Thus began the journey of LOVE.....

___________________________________________

So, how is it???

~Purnima