2. Their Feelings...✔

Nidhi's POV

Looking outside the window, I take in the beauty of nature. The view was heavenly. Despite travelling by air a multiple times, I am always filled with the excitement to see this view again and again. Hilarious it may seem but the nature's beauty is something that cannot be described in words. It can only be felt and seen and experienced.

You might be thinking who I am. I am Nidhi Mehta, daughter to Mr. Parth Mehta and Mrs Alka Mehta. I am twenty five years old and have done my Masters in Ancient History. My father, Mr Parth Mehta is the owner of Mehta Textile Companies, while my mother, Mrs Alka Mehta is a housewife.

Around a month ago, my father's friend, Mr. Vijay Mehra, approached us with a proposal for marriage. He wanted me as the wife of his son, Ajay Mehra. My father considered the proposal and found some basic details about Ajay. When he was fully satisfied with it, he asked me my opinion. I said yes, readily. I had to. Ajay Mehra has been my crush since long. I have been reading articles about him, listening to his interviews. Everything about his personality attracts me. The way he talks, his business sense, everything. The growth of The Mehra Industries is not hidden from anyone. I am not into business but I understand this much business to recognize the growth of a Company.

At present, I, along with my parents, am on our way to Delhi. I will soon be meeting Ajay in person. I don't whether I am excited or nervous. I guess I am both. Excited to meet him and nervous about the marriage.

~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~

Third Person's POV

Mehra Industries, Ajay's Cabin

Ajay was sitting with his head in his hands, thinking about the recent happenings in his life.

Flashback(Two days ago)

Living Room, Mehra Mansion

The Mehra family was sitting in the living room. It was a beautiful Sunday morning. Vijay gave a photograph to Ajay. Ajay looks at the photo and asks his father, "Dad, who is she? Our new client?"

Vijay shakes his head and says, "No. She is Nidhi. She is the only daughter of my friend, Parth. This Wednesday, Parth and his family will be here. You have to be at home as.......as Parth and I want you and Nidhi to marry each other, if you both like each other."

Ajay stares at his father before saying, "But Dad..." He could barely say anything, when Mala intervened, requesting, "Please, beta. At least meet her."

Ajay, who could not refuse his mother, nodded his head. Vijay and Mala gave him a smile of satisfaction. Dilip and Nandini also had a smile on their faces. Rahul, Reeta and Rohit beamed with happiness. They knew that if Vijay had made up his mind, there was nothing Ajay could do to change it. Ajay sighed in despair.

Flashback ends

Two days had passed since Ajay had agreed to his parent's wish of meeting Nidhi. In these two days, he had broken a dozen coffee cups, suspended his two officials for committing minor errors and dismissed his driver. His anger was on the peak. He just wanted to run away from his home but he could not. His reasons to stay there were stronger than his feelings to escape his own wedding.

Wedding. Since he had started understanding life, he made sure to stay away from girls. And now his own parents wanted to bring a girl in his life. Why couldn't they understand? They should have known his reasons for avoiding his wedding.

Ajay (thinking) - "Why? Why mom dad? I don't want to marry. I know if you like this Nidhi, you will force me to marry her. You will do anything to bring her in my life. Then let it be. But she will never be able to get into my heart. Never."

___________________________________

So, how is it?

I hope you enjoy the edited version of this chapter

Don't forget to vote, comment and share.

~Purnima