One Shot✔

Sita was working in the kitchen when she suddenly heard a noise in the living room. She came out to check what it was but found nothing. She went back and continued cutting or rather murdering vegetables. The dinner was ready but her anger made her behave so.

It had been eight months since her marriage. MARRIAGE. The eight letter word had turned her life upside down. The carefree, fun-loving girl had turned into a matured and responsible woman. The girl, who had never taken a glass of water for herself was now managing an entire household. How strange life is!

She had left not only her home but also her city after marriage. Not a moment passed without her missing her parents. But today she missed them more than ever. Had she been in her maternal home, she would have been pampered by her parents, her aunts and uncles, her cousins.

A lone tear escaped her eyes. It was her first birthday after marriage. Her maternal family, her friends, everyone had called her but her in-laws and her husband had not wished her yet. The family which was now a very important part of her life and the man with whom she was supposed to share her entire life, had not wished her on her special day. Telling someone that it was her birthday, was not something she was a big fan of.

She knew she was being unreasonable. Ramesh, her husband, never gave importance to these things. They had a good relation amongst themselves. On his part, it was friendship and on hers, it was LOVE. She had fallen for his jovial and gentlemanly attitude. They had had their share of fights and arguments but he always made sure that they never slept over an argument. He ensured that both of them are in the best of their moods when going to sleep. This was one small reason out of many why she had fallen​ in love with this man.

She wiped her tears and left the kitchen. The house was unusually silent. She hurried towards the terrace in search of her family members.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

As she entered, she was surprised by the scene in front of her eyes. In the centre, her favourite chocolate cake was kept on a small table. The terrace was decorated with flowers and balloons. Her husband, mother-in-law, father-in-law were standing around the table. But what caught her attention was the bandage on Ramesh's hand.

She asked him worriedly, "What happened to your hand, Ramesh?"

Her mother-in-law answered, "Out of everything, what you noticed is the bandage on his hand? You must love him a lot?"

Sita was surprised. She blushed. Yes, she loved him a lot. But it was one sided.

She looked at her husband questioningly. Finally he answered. "I had a small accident. Nothing to worry about. Come cut the cake."

She nodded and did as told.

"Happy birthday dear," said all three of them. Her mother-in-law gave her a small gift. On opening it, she found beautiful earrings. She stared at them, remembering how her mother always gave her earrings on her birthday. She looked at her mother-in-law, who gave her a smile of experience and said, "From now onwards, I will follow the tradition."

Her father-in-law gave her an envelope. On seeing its content, she smiled. She was working before marriage and always wanted to continue working. But with the responsibilities on her shoulder, she decided against it. The envelope contained information about various companies where she could apply for a job. Her eyes moistened with tears as the feeling of sadness left her heart.

While her in-laws got busy bickering about whom she loved more, Ramesh held her upper arms and pulled her to himself. He whispered in her ears, "Don't slap me after hearing this. I have been in love with you for the past four months. But I was afraid to share my feelings."

Sita was taken aback by his confession. What more did she wish to hear? But she did the exact opposite of what she was told.

She slapped him hard.

Everyone was shocked.

Sita finally said, "Why did you take four months to say that, you idiot? I love you too."

_______________________________

Just written it. How is it? 

Do share your thoughts.

- Purnima