Prologue

First day of year 11 2007

        "Honey, are you sure you want to do this?  I could always call Ms.Wallis, she would be over joyed to come back."  my  mom said as we climbed the steps into Hall Cross Comprehensive School.  "Mom stop worrying.  I'll....  I'll be....  fine."  I felt my hands shake with nerves.  Why did I decide to go to proper school like a normal teenager then stay at home in a nice safe environment with a nice Ms.Wallis.  "It's my job to worry, I'm your mother and you haven't  been to a proper school since 6th class and you know to well what happened then but always fail to tell me or your farther..."  I cut her short.

"Mom, you promised you wouldn't talk about it anymore."

"It's been 5 years and maybe it's time to talk about it, you haven't been the same since.  You've been isolating yourself and you barely even smile."

"Well not today, and maybe I'll never be ready!" I snapped careful not to say it too loud and disturb the classes.

        My mom was about to say something when a man in a navy blue suit and a red tie and a smile plastered on his face.  "Mrs.Woods, it's a pleasure to meet you."  he extended his hand towards her.  She took it.  "It's Ms.Woods and call me Diana.  I looked my mom straight in the eye she avoided it.  It made me feel uncomfortable when she told people our business.  There was an awkward pause.  He cleared his throat and gave a curt nod .  "And you must be Fiona, I'm your headmaster, Mr.Harmon.  I'm so glad you chose Hall cross.  Since your a bit late in the term you will have a bit to catch up on.  I see you have the uniform so that's great.  But I just want to stress we have zero tolerance for bullying."  I gave a small nod as a loud buzzer sounded the corridors filled with students rushing to get to their next class.

        "How about we get you to your next class, this is your timetable and a map around the school.  If there are any problems just come to me in my office, don't be afraid to ask." he smiled down at me and I just gave a small polite smile back at him and with that he turned on his heel and disappeared into the sea of students.  My mom turned to me and placed a hand on my cheek.  "I'll see you after school.  Call me if you need me.  Love you."   I gave her a hug "I love you too mom.  I pulled away and watched as she left the building, turning around every once in awhile to wave a small goodbye. I looked at my watch 10:56 I have biology at 11 o'clock.  I looked at the map. Where am I now?  I don't know but everyone was clearing out.  I looked at one of the doors which said Art room.  Okay Biology should be around the corner, up the stairs and the second door on the right.  

    Louis POV

        I was looking at the clock, 10:54 this class seemed to be going really slow, I hate Maths.  A buzzer sounded and within seconds everyone was out of the class.  I walked along the corridor pushing my way through students when I saw the principal talking to a parent and I'm guessing a new student because I had never seen her before.  She had long, straight brown hair and really blue eyes.  Her skin was flawless.  She was beautiful.  She looked at me but I don't think she really noticed me.   "Tommo!! I heard someone yell from behind me snapping me out of my daydream.  I looked around  to see my best friend, Stan, running towards me.  "Hey bud, what's up?" I said as he put his arm around my shoulder.  "Haha, I just flooded the boy's bathroom." he laughed.  "You can get in serious trouble for doing that" I laughed.  "YOLO dude YOLO!" he said as we made our way to the Biology lab.

Fiona's POV 

       I looked at my watch again 10:58, I ran up the stairs and into the Biology room.  Oh God the teacher was already there.  I'm in shit now.  She looked up from her desk her grey hair falling in front of her glasses, a smile spread a cross her face.  The class fell silent and everyone turned back to look at me.  Suddenly I felt very self-conscious.  The teacher got up from her chair and walked over to me.  "You must be Fiona, I'm Mrs.Boyle, your the last one here so you can sit next to Mr.Louis Tomlinson, right there."  I walked over to my seat next to this guy.  I set my bag down and pull out my books.   "You will be sitting in these seats until the end of the term."  I looked over to this Louis guy, he had brown hair that was combed to the side and I think blue eyes, he was skinny and very tall.

        He turned around in his seat to look at me.  He smiled brightly, I returned the smile.  "Hey, I'm Louis and you are?" he shook my hand.  "I'm Fiona."  he defiantly had blue eyes, really blue eyes.  He turned back into his seat to look at the front of the class.  I had a feeling I was going to like this guy.  He glanced over at me for a couple of seconds and smiled a tiny bit.  I looked down at my hands. I started rubbing them together, it's what I did when I got nervous.  He looked at my hands, and chuckled silently.  I quickly sat on my hands, feeling myself blush.  "You a bit nervous?"  I nodded and sighed.  Mrs.Boyle started to write something about  photosynthesis on the board. 

        "Don't  worry I'll look out for you, I promise."  I felt a warm feeling in my stomach he looked back to the front of the class as did I, but I couldn't  pay attention.  The nerves had suddenly faded away and I think I just made a new friend.  And it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be.

Louis' POV

        I don't know where the sudden boost of confidence came from but it felt good.  I was just happy that Fiona even smiled at me and I get to sit next to her for the rest of the term.  Class was nearly over about 10 minutes left.  Biology is so boring.  I look over at Fiona who's now taking notes.  Shit are we supposed to be doing work now?  Fiona looked up at me.  "Em.....  Do you need any help?" she smiled shyly at me.  "Ah, yeah sorry was in a bit of a day-dream.  What are we supposed to be doing?"  I smiled back at her sheepishly.  "Just answering the questions on page 211 and taking down that paragraph." she said changing the page and then pointing to the second paragraph on the page.  "Thanks" I said as she just smiled.

        Just as I finished the questions and on the third word of the second paragraph, the bell for lunch went off.  I quickly packed my bag.  "Finish the questions on page 212 for homework and finish the classwork." Mrs.Boyle said from behind her desk.  "You ready?" I asked Fiona as she closed her bag.  She looked up at me and nodded.  We walked out of the classroom and into the busy hallway.  We made our way out one of the side doors.  "So, why did you decided to come to Hall cross?" I asked as we made our way to one of the benches.  "Well, I've been home schooled for the last 5 years and I kind of wanted to get to know more people my age." she said as we sat down.

Fiona's POV

        "So why did you get home schooled in the first place?" I suddenly tensed.  I don't think I could tell him, I haven't even told my parents yet.  No one knows, besides my best friend Catherine.  He looked at  me, his blue eyes piercing me.  His gaze hardened as I felt my eyes start to sting with tears.  I quickly blinked them away and looked away.  He placed a hand on my back.  "I'm sorry I shouldn't have asked.  You okay?"  I quickly nodded and looked up at him trying my best to smile.  He smiled at me.  "Yeah.  Sorry it's just I haven't even told my parents."  he nodded his head  "Well when you ready to talk, we might not have known each other for a long time but I have a feeling that we're going to get along for along time.  I'll look out for you." he smiled at me.  "You promise."  he laughed to himself.  "I Louis William Tomlinson promise to look out for you, and I always keep my promises."