Submission Two: Friday the 13th

Hey! First of I wanted to thank you for accepting me for the live shows! I'm so excited to participate in this stage of the competition xD

So here is my 'Horror' entry. i hope you enjoy it, and it qualifies me for the next round:D My piece is called 'Friday The 13th' in celebration of the day itself;)

FRIDAY THE 13th

We've all heard of it; the day all the doors are closed, the day all the demons of the night come out to play. No one in their right mind would stay out on this day: Friday the 13th. That was the case in Palmer Falls, a small town in the middle of nowhere.

Every now and then we'd hear myths about how people would go against all belief, and venture into the night, disappearing into the darkness on that day. That is, until someone came back.

It all started the morning of Friday the 13th of July, 2012.

~2 PM~

"David, you can't go out tonight! That's final."

"But dad!" protested David. "It's only down the street. It'll barely take me 2 minutes to get there! You're only doing this because it's Friday the 13th!"

"No, I'm not...well, it's not just that! I am not letting my 16 year old boy go to a college Fraternity's party, regardless of whether your cousin is there or not!" argued David's Dad, Marvin.

"What do you think is going to happen? They're all just myths, dad." said David.

"No, they're not. Remember the Carmichaels? Their daughter, Mary-Ellis, went out to throw put the trash on the curve on that day, and never came back!" said David's Dad.

"You're so paranoid," said David, frustrated, then walked upstairs to his room.

~8 PM~

David's parents were watching TV, and his 5 year old brother was playing with a toy car, when David entered the living room. He sank down on a scarlet cushion in front of his parents and gave a fake sigh.

"What's wrong, honey? said David's mom, sounding worried.

"I have a headache. It's killing me!" said David, stroking his thick, messy, black hair.

"Well, maybe you should sleep early today," suggested David'd mom.

"I think I'll do that. Good night!" David wished his parents. He smiled and went upstairs. Having successfully deceived his parents, he put on some clothes, snuk out his bedroom window, and jumped about 5 feet. He slowly tip-toed across the lawn, but froze when he stepped on a branch. He tilted his head backwards to check if anyone had noticed. To his luck, no one made a move. Well, not that he knew of. He sighed a breath of relief, and continued to walk until he reached the street, and headed towards the house where the party was being held.

He didn't know it, but it followed him. Slowly crept in behind him, watchin his every move, just waiting for him to be vulnerable, like a hunter waiting for a chance to capture his prey. As he kneeled down to tie his loose shoelaces, it neared closer and almost engulfed him when it was interupted by a distant yawp.

"David!"

David came to an abrupt turn. His little brother was standing on the lawn calling out for him. David rushed to his brother and shushed him. It followed. It's hunger grew more urgent, it couldn't stand the temptation. David turned back around, and walked away, passing their mail box which read 'Avery', his last name. He had ordered his brother to go back inside, and not breathe a word of this to their parents. He left and was soon at the party, having fun with his cousin, Daniel, and his friends, while his little brother, Sam, stayed outside...with it. It circled around him, and had soon surrounded him. Sam looked around as he felt the presence that left him immobile; he couldn't move any part of his 5 year old body, he couldn't cry for help. He felt the darkness coming closer, and closer, until he was finally freed.