Submission Seven(The Final): The Joy

• Dedicated to All My Fans

Well, well, well, here we are. After months of competing, we're finally at The Final. 3 people fight, one survives. Good luck to my fellow finalists!

For this final round, we were asked to write about anything. And this is what I came up with xD!

~The Joy~

"It's the feeling I get when I take a whiff of newly printed pages. The feeling that gives me, and all who are similar to me, relief. Relief, that after the worst and darkest of days, comes that small light of hope that makes me believe in a better and brighter tomorrow.

That feeling, that beautiful, overwhelming feeling that strikes me like a raging bolt of lightning every night, that feeling that fills me with promise and inspiration is defined only as joy.

We all experience it, but in different forms, and my joy comes whenever I let the words of a book engulf me. Yes, I'm talking about books.

It's funny, that feeling. It comes in many different forms, yet its purpose remains the same: fulfillness.

The way an author allows you to explore his or her brain, to marvel at the beauties that lie within, to feel the warmth when they want you to feel love, to feel the terror when they want you to feel scared. It's amazing, absolutely amazing how much power and prowess a simple pen and paper can have. It is those special individuals who bare their souls, philosophies, and love in words that I thank everyday, for they are my heroes, my villains, my teachers, my siblings, my parents, and the loves of my life. They allow me, a guy living hundreds of miles away, to feel like I'm right there with them, taking in all the beauty man can create. They give me a place to belong, they give me unconditional love.

You know, sometimes, it's that escape that gives me a reason to live. At days, when all has gone wrong and it seems like the universe is against me in every way possible, the power of a book is the only one that keeps me sane. I just know that whatever happens, I'll be able to sit in my bed, and disappear from reality and into the world I so desperately wish I was a part of. Those few hours a day, just minutes and seconds that come and go feel like a taste of Heaven.

And to know that I've brought a shred of what I've described to any of you guys is a true priveledge to me. Without you readers, I would have never gotten to where I am today. It is because of you that I am motivated to continue writing and sharing my love for books and stories.

To put an end to my probably self-centered and annoying speech, books are always going to be there for you. No one will ever be able to touch you. When dealing with books, you'll never lose that feeling, you'll never lose The Joy."

The thunderous sound of clapping woke me up. Rubbing my eyes, I sat up, falling back into reality. I smiled.

"I'm going to give that speech for real one day."

"Whenever you read a good book, somewhere in the world a door opens to allow in more light."

-Vera Nazarian

Well, that was it, I know it was super short, but with the time I had, it's all I came up with, not to mention that I wouldn't have changed it even if I had more time. I believe, with all my submissions, I've done enough to bring this contest home, and I hope you, and everyone else who's been reading, have enjoyed every one of my pieces!

Thank you once again for the great chance at participating in this competition and good luck once again to my fellow finalists!

Peace & Love

Vico