Submission One: Wedding Bells

Hey!! This is my submission for boot camp!

You asked us to write something that describes us as writers. I am a thriller/mystery/romance writer, and for today, I've decided to show you my romance side, hoping it'll be enough to make it to the 'live shows'.

Thanks again for choosing me for the boot camp round:)

Romance:

~Wedding Bells~

There she was, looking as beautiful and radiant as ever in her beautiful white gown. All eyes on her, not a faint blow of wind could be felt, nor a single whisper of sound could be heard: It felt like time had frozen. Hand in hand with her father, she walked down the aisle as the music started playing. She looked at the man on the other end of the aisle as he looked at her from afar, giving her a reassuring look and a smile from ear to ear.

The sound of the gunshots was ear-piercing. Generals, detectives, deputies, parents, family and friends all anxiously waited as the bride made her way across the aisle, kissed her father and stood face to face with her husband to be.

The groom was quite a handsome man with chiseling features; long messy brown hair that curled up reaching it's ends, honey-hazel colored eyes, and a well built, strong figure. He was wearing a charcoal-black tux as he faced his bride. She, in turn, was stunning; beautiful straight black hair, eyes colored with the deepest, darkest shade of brown you've ever seen and smile that could just light up a room.

"You look so handsome," whispered Molly.

"Nothing compared to you. I almost fainted when I saw you," whispered Andy back. "Are you ready?"

"With all my heart," she answered nervously.

They took a deep breath as the priest began. "Dearly beloveds, we are gathered here today to join Molly and Andy in holy matrimony. This is a day for new beginnings, a day where two people devote themselves to each other and unite before God with the support, love, and care of their family and friends.

We ask you to rejoice with them in their triumph, support them with their decisions, save them when they are in trouble and always keep them in you prayers. Who has the rings?" asked the priest.

"I do," said both the best man and the maid of honour simultaneously.

"The bride and groom have written their own vows to share with you," said the priest. "Andy would you like to begin?"

"Yes," answered Andy, as he took out a small piece of paper from his left pocket. "You know I sat on my desk staring at a blank piece of paper for two hours. I just couldn't find the right words to describe how I feel about you, Molly. I still remember the first time I saw you 3 years ago, looking as beautiful as you always are. You were sitting on a bench near the subway admiring the rain while listening to a street performer play the sax. I couldn't take my eyes off of you; you looked so angelic in your simplicity. Then you got up, walked outside, stretched out your arms and twirled around smiling and embracing the rain coming from above like it was what kept you alive and gave you strength. From that moment on, I knew you were the one I wanted. So, on this day, as we begin our lives together, I make you a promise that I will love you like no man has loved before, I will go to the end of the moon and back for you and I will cherish you and abide by you, and most importantly, do my best to be worthy of you till death do us part."

"That was beautiful," whispered Molly tears sliding down her cheeks.

"Molly, your turn," said the priest.

She smiled as she curled up the piece of paper she had scribbled her vows on and threw it on the ground.

"I don't need a piece of paper to do this," she said. "Andy, my beloved, words can not begin to describe how you've made me feel over the past few years. I was always the geeky girl with no friends. I was afraid no one would ever truly love me. When you came along, it's like that fear never existed. You were more than a partner, you were a friend, my best friend. You picked me up when I was down, you supported me no matter what I did. You are my rock, I can always count on you to lean on, to love me regardless of my mistakes and flaws like the fact that I'm a terrible map navigator, remember that time we got lost in the woods for three hours?" Everyone giggled as Molly continued. "Or that I don't have a single clue about cooking," she said teary-eyed and chuckling at the same time. "The point is, it was always you and as of today it will always be you. You, who I want to wake up next to every morning, you, who I think about when I'm sad and you, who I share my love and happiness with. My love will be yours eternally."

Andy smiled boyishly as they both turned facing the priest.

"Do you Anderson Devon James, take Molly to be your lawful wedded wife, to love, cherish and hold till death do you part?" asked the priest.

"I do," answered Andy joyfully, as he put the ring on his bride's finger.

"And do you Molly Adam Johnson, take Andy to be your lawful wedded husband to love, cherish and hold till death do you part?" asked the priest again.

"I do," answered Molly, as she too put the ring on her groom's finger.

"If anyone has a reason why these two should not get married, speak now, or forever hold your peace."

A room had never been as quiet.

"Very well," continued the priest, "Andy, Molly, by the power invested in me by the state of Texas and before God all mighty, I now pronounce you husband and wife. Andy, you may kiss your bride," ended the priest.

Andy grabbed Molly and dipped her like they were dancing a fierce tango, and gave her a passionate, loving kiss.

The way back to the doors of the chapel was a lot more different than the way coming in. The nerves were gone, both Molly and Andy grinned to the crowd, who was cheering for, and congratulating the newly weds as they made their way through the chapel doors, into the limousine, which had that famous 'Just Married!' sign stuck on it, and drove off to begin their new lives together as husband and wife.

"We did it!" exclaimed Molly. "We got married, I love you so much, Andy."

"I love you too," he answered, as he kissed her forehead.

"So, what now?" asked Molly, overwhelmed.

"Well," began Andy, "I've got a few ideas," he said, winking and smiling devilishly.

I genuinely hope you enjoyed this piece!

Have a great day!:)

-Vico