47: Gather the Witnesses

"Why can't you come with us?" Renesmee pouted as Pandora carried her down the stairs. The should have been baby was now physically 4 years old and mentally beyond her appearance.

"Because I have things here I need to take care of." Pandora smiled at her niece, laughing as she continued to pout. "I'll be here when you get back."

Renesmee sighed as Pandora put her down, running towards her mother who watched the scene with a small smile on her face. The two cousins hadn't said anything to each other since their fight, both opting to forget it ever happened.

"Mommy, Auntie Dora hates me."

Pandora rolled her eyes as Bella lifted her daughter into her arms. "She gets her dramatics from you," she told Bella as she crossed her arms.

"It's definitely a Swan trait," Edward said as he entered the living room. Both Pandora and Bella gave Edward the same unamused look, Pandora shaking her head before leaving for the kitchen. Smiling when she saw Alice sitting at the kitchen island, Pandora wrapped her arm around her.

"How's everything looking?"

Alice glanced back at Pandora before sighing. "You know I can't see past the wolves. It's useless."

"Have you tried looking around them? Like going around the holes they leave in your vision?"

Alice sighed, pursing her lips. "No. I don't know if that would work."

"It doesn't hurt to try?" Pandora shrugged before taking a seat next to Alice. Alice, Jasper, and Pandora had been careful not to discuss their trip around the others until all the preparations were ready. The idea of simply going on foot was currently an issue since Leah would need to rest during the run, and it'd be a lot easier for them to take a plane. But the issue with that was Pandora and Jasper. Neither were sure if they'd be able to sit through the flight, surrounded by all those humans; and Alice couldn't see if they could because Leah was blocking her vision. So until there were concrete plans, the trip would stay between the three of them

It wasn't until later that evening that Pandora realized her trip would happen much sooner than anticipated.

Everyone was in the living room, listening to Edward teach Renesmee how to play the piano. Pandora was sitting on the couch looking through a magazine when the peace was destroyed by the sound of broken glass.

"What is it Alice?" Jasper was at her side in an instant. Pandora frowned at the horror written on Alice's face, moving quickly to her other side.

"The Volturi." Everyone tensed as Alice spoke. "Aro... Cauis... Marcus ... the guard. And Irina."

"Why?" Carlisle asked.

"What did Irina see in the woods?" Edward directed at Bella. Earlier, Bella, Renemsee, and Jacob had a run in with Irina. The vampire supposedly came to make peace with the family since the wolves killed her mate to protect Bella, but left before anything could happen. It was brushed off as Irina not being able to handle seeing Jacob.

"We were just walking," Bella shrugged.

"Ness was catching snowflakes," Jacob added.

"Of course. Irina thinks Renesmee is an immortal child."

Pandora tried to follow Edward and Bella as they headed towards Carlisle's study, but was stopped when Alice grabbed her wrist. Pandora let Alice drag her to her room.

"What's going on?" Pandora asked as Alice shut the door.

"Remember what I told you about Irina's mother at the wedding? Immortal children are a threat to our secret, so the Volturi banned them long ago. That's why the Volturi sentenced Irina's mother to death" Alice explained, her hands moving quickly as she talked. "The Volturi are taking this chance to get rid of our coven. They'll try and take me for themselves, probably Bella and Edward too. Aro's power hungry; he'll do anything to ensure that he holds the most power."