Chapter 32: A Living Nightmare

Quentin's POV

I slowly blink my eyes open, and feel myself resting on a cool metal table.

"Is he awake?" a voice asks.

No, no, no, no, no.

I clench my fists and try to use Brick Break on the table, but I just bang on the metal surface and don't make a dent.

My hands are suddenly bound to the table, and so are my feet. My head isn't though, so I lift it up as far as I can and look around.

I'm in a white room with a glass window that shows a view of a stone brick hallway.

I feel fine. So why am I tied up here again?

Suddenly, I hear footsteps approaching, and something plunges into my arm.

A needle.

I scream as loudly as I can; the pain feels like someone injected fire into my blood.

"Let's see how he deals with the strength modifiers," I hear a voice say in the distance.

The pain is so intense that I almost black out.

Another needle goes in, and the pain doubles.

Why am I here?

"How is our little Mudkip?" a familiar voice taunts.

Herobrine.

I never wanted to come back here. I was ten when I came here, and eighteen when I finally escaped. It's like I'm reliving my worst nightmare - those eight years of my life - over and over again.

I feel a new needle every few seconds, and the pain gets worse and worse, until my blood feels as hot as the sun.

Scientists laugh and joke in the backround, scribbling notes and poking and prodding me.

I don't care. Let them do what they want.

I'll be gone soon anyways.

As the pain fades away and I feel no more needles, I bang my fists on the table. This time, with the strength modifiers, I make a big enough dent in the table so that I can slide my hands out of the restraints and untie my feet.

"Secure him!" a scientist shouts, and people in white lab coats run into the room and attempt to tie me down again.

"Move out of the way!" I scream, stomping the ground to create an earthquake and making all the scientists fall on top of each other.

Some are still standing, but I freeze them with an Ice Beam.

I punch the door down with Brick Break and run as fast as I can down the familiar hallway - which I'll admit, isn't very fast compared to most people.

But hey, being a Mudkip slows me down a little bit.

As I run, looking for the exit to the hallway, I accidentally run into someone - or something.

It's not Herobrine, thank Notch.

It's a zombie pigmen guard. And he's got friends with him.

As soon as they see me, they all charge. There has to be at least seven of them.

No big deal.

I knock the sword out of the first pigman's hand, then send him flying backwards with a Hammer Arm attack into one of his friends, and they both fall over. Two more charge at me, but I freeze them with an Ice Beam and keep moving. I run past the last three and create an Earthquake, making a giant hole in the floor that the remaining zombie pigmen can't cross.