Chapter 4: We Meet Again

Ty's POV

"Slowpokes!" I tease as Jason, Kermit, and I run into the dark forest.

"You might wanna be a little more careful - " Jason says as an arrow whizzes by my face, two inches from impaling my brain.

"Yeah, I probably should," I say, slowing down to a walk. "Hey, let's get to where no one can see us, and then I'll telelport us far away."

Kermit nods. "Good idea."

We keep walking and walking until we reach a tiny hill covered in trees. There's a small cave underneath, which is perfect to hide all three of us while we teleport.

We all climb in. "Grab hands," I instruct the other two. They follow my lead, but not after a lot of laughter.

Three, two, one...

We open our eyes again, and we aren't in the cave anymore. I landed us in an empty forest clearing, but I can already hear plenty of mobs around us. Perfect for level farming.

"Let's go!" Kermit shouts, charging the mobs in the trees. Jason's right behind him.

I watch as they disappear into the shadows and change into my true form again, a true Ender. I haven't been out mob hunting in forever. I unsheathe my glowing obsidian sword.

Something doesn't feel quite right tonight. I feel like there's someone watching me, even though I know no one's there.

But then again, I've never been quite the same, ever since I was kidnapped by Herobrine when I was nine years old. I lost my super strength, which is a vital part of me.

I spread my wings and glide above the trees, looking for Jason and Kermit. They're bound to be around here somewhere...

I don't want to get separated again.

Seto's POV

After Sky disappears, I run to Arlene's side. She's still on the ground, lying in a pool of her own blood.

"Arlene, why?" I sob, hugging her cold, lifeless body to me. She and I always practice - practiced, I have to start talking about her in the past tense - magic together. She and I have been friends ever since we found out that we were both sorcerers, which would be for eight years. She was four, and I was nine. We've always told each other stories, whether it's about us, or about the Minecraft Legends. Arlene always had a fascination with the Legends.

It's actually pretty ironic that one of them killed her.

The lightning pendant I gave her a few days ago, for her twelfth birthday, is still hanging around her neck. I gently take it off and stuff it in my pocket. I need at least one thing to remember her by.

I lift her body in the air using levitation and find a good, small cave. Gently, I leave her to rest there.

Time to go break the news to her parents.

I return to Sunnyshore City - it's about two in the morning now - and look for Arlene's house.

"Hello?" I call out, knocking on the door of a large wooden house. A few seconds later, Mrs. Rose, Arlene's mom, opens the door.

"Hello, Seto. What are you doing up so late? It's nearly two in the morning! It's dangerous out here!"

I can't help it. A tear traces its way down my cheek.

"I'm sorry, Mrs. Rose. Arlene's dead and I couldn't do anything to stop it."

"She's what?" Mrs. Rose asks in disbelief. "How?"