Chapter 11: New Mission

Sky's POV

Seto slams the door shut, leaving me alone again.

Now that I think about it, I do remember Seto, back when we were children and we played together.

But Dad did something to me so that I forgot who Seto even was. Is that a bad thing?

That must've been because Seto was disloyal or something. But then again, he said he doesn't like his dad, Nyxus. And Nyxus is one of the nicest people I know.

Nothing's wrong with Nyxus. Right?

I sigh. I'm probably gonna be here a while; might as well get used to it.

Seto's words echo in my head again;

"Raised by the enemy, being taught everything wrong,

He will grow, learning to fight, kill, and becomes strong.

His eyes glow white, his heart grows cold,

All he has left of the past is an amulet of gold..."

Who's the enemy? Herobrine? No, that can't be right. All he wants is what's rightfully his. He wants to rule the world. There's nothing wrong with that.

But who would the enemy be if it wasn't Herobrine?

Glowing white eyes. Didn't Dad have those? I'd heard rumors before, when I went on raids, that you're as good as dead when you see glowing white eyes at night.

(A/N: I was mentally shaking my head as I wrote that last part... It's fun to make Sky so ignorant.)

Oh wait, that sounds like me. I have white eyes like Dad does too, but they only glow when I let my evil side take control.

And normally, when my evil side takes over, I get the urge to murder.

"His heart grows cold..." What's that supposed to mean?

This whole thing Seto told me is a bunch of gibberish and makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

Why should I even trust him in the first place if he betrayed his father?

My gaze goes down to the golden and amethyst amulet hanging around my neck.

"All he has left of the past is an amulet of gold..."

Is it this amulet?

Maybe it has something with that dream I had once when I was about ten, the one where my dead mother was holding me and some guy who's apparently my dad handed me this.

Dad keeps telling me to get rid of it, but I keep it because it looks nice and because it feels important and special to me. He probably wants to burn it or something.

Why? It's not like the amulet did anything to him.

So many questions, very few answers.

I fall asleep a few hours later, and when I wake up, I'm stiff and cramped up all over.

Great. Just what I needed.

Can I get out of here yet?

Wait a second... An idea pops into my head, and I concentrate for a moment.

Concentrate on the place you want to go, Dad always said.

I focus on teleporting, and when I open my eyes again, I'm sitting on the cell floor and the chains are off, still attached to the wall.

Why didn't I think of that earlier?

Well, at least I'm free. That's what matters the most right now. I have to get back to Dad. Soon. He's probably worried sick about me.