Guide, part 2 - the Dreaded Blurb

This isn't really a rant (I lie). I just thought it was necessary.

---|||---

You're eyes have travelled down from the title to the blurb. This should be one of the most important 'tells' you look at. Some things that give a BWC (badly written cliché) away are:

• bad grammar, punctuation or spelling. I don't freak out about the occasional slip-up, but if the person has obviously not bothered to reread, or is using text speak, then THERE IS NO EXCUSE. I don't care HOW good your book is, HOW original your ideas are, there is NO WAY I am gonna put my poor brain through that kinda torture. END OF.

'I know this sounds cliché but I promise it gets better'. Oh. My. Non-existent. GOD! The amount of times I have read this. The amount of time YOU have read this. The amount of times it was a MASSIVE LIE. I only ignore this if the story really, really interests me = hardly ever.

• the characters are given a profile worthy of a 'child, missing' file (and then some). Tend to, often, always are a BWC.

' - the darkest, most powerful Alpha in the world. His name was ________.' (Please choose and insert one of the following; Storm, Darkness, Shadow, Hunter, Steel, Magnesium, Lightning, Scar, Fang, Scorpion or Pikachu.) Seriously, enough with the over-the-top, too-exaggerated bad boy image. It's a huge TURN OFF.

• anything with the words: Harry, Louis, Zayn, Niall, Liam, OneDirection, Beiber, or FanFiction. Sorry, but this is a WEREWOLF story. Not a boyband fan club. So get the heck out of my story!

• From CatMint5: "The blurb is ten rows long and that is only one sentence, sometimes followed by a smiley face. Maybe it's just me, but I think smileys should only be used in A/N-s and rant books, not in a story (except when a character is texting)."

There may be other things that YOU PERSONALLY don't like. I will stop reading any story with incest or student/teacher relationships. Apply your own judgement.

I know this is short but I hope it helps ;)