Guide part 3 - Content Context and That's All Folks

This basically sums up some general werewolf story category's with a bit of ranting.

---|||---

You have navigated around the obvious No-go's, but a book doesn't have to be in text speak to be written badly. Also, re-reading the same story over and over again gets boring - so what should you be wary of?

• Rejection stories. Whoever wrote the first rejection story was a genius. The millions of others who copied her? Not so.

Rejection stories are the one's that go: "I Mr. Stuck Up reject you, Miss Perfect Mate" Then the girl cries and runs away from home, comes back a stunning kick ass, and teaches her mate a much needed lesson.

Rejection stories are fun, but the potential for a BWC is high. They are often badly written, or simply ridiculous. I've read one where the girl gets an Alpha, a vampire and an angel, all as mates, they are all jerks, but they all end up camping on her lawn whilst begging for forgiveness. I mean WTF?!

I'm not saying they all are BWCs, because I really enjoy a good kick ass Luna story and I've found some good ones, but I advise TREAT WITH CAUTION!

• Unwanted Mate stories. These are another form of rejection stories, but they tend to be more 'he doesn't want me how can I cope seeing him everyday' rather than straight out rejection.

Quite often her mate sleeps around and she feels pain... sigh. Not to mention she's a human (not a were) half the time. :'( Some alphas are disgusting.

Then you look at the comments, and there's people saying: "OMG cant theey just get together ALREADY?!?!?!"

It's nice to know you want our main character to get together with a jerk who quite frankly has been abuseing her.

Can you tell I'm not a big fan of Unwanted Mate stories?

• Dark Alpha stories. OMNG, I have ranted about these before, and I'm sure as heck gonna rant about them again.

WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU'RE KIDDING HE IS NOT ACTUALLY THAT DARK JUST BECAUSE HE HAS A STUPID-SOUNDING-NOT-ACTUALLY-THAT-BADBOY NAME I MEAN LOOK AT HIM HE'S RICH AND POWERFUL AND TURNS OUT TO HAVE A GORGEOUS MATE YET ALL HE DOES IS GRUNT AND HE NEVER SMILES AND SHE CONSTANTLY HAS TO CALM HIM DOWN IN WEIRD WAYS (WHO THE FUCK STICKS THEIR SHIRT OVER AN ALPHAS HEAD AT THE DINNER TABLE?!) OVER THE TINIEST STUPID THING, IT'S NOT LIKE ANYTHING ACTUALLY BAD HAS HAPPENED TO HIM HIS PARENTS AREN'T DEAD, NO HE WAS USED BY A GIRL WHO THEN LEFT HIM SO THATS AN EXCUSE TO TREAT YOUR PACK LIKE SHIT AND YOUR MATE LIKE A FUCK BUDDIE WITH NO EMOTIONS OR FEELING TO GIVE A SHIT ABOUT. NO-ONE SHOULD BE FUCKING SCARED OF THEIR MATE YOU FUCKING ASSHOLE. MY FAMILY IS IN NO WAY OKAY - AND I MEAN ACTUAL FUCKING SERIOUS PROBLEMS NOT ANY OF YOUR FAKE MELODRAMA CRAP - AND I WOULD NEVER EVER FUCKING TREAT ANYONE I 'LOVED' THAT FUCKING BADLY. SO GO GROW SOME BALLS AND LEARN TO FACE YOUR PROBLEMS 'BADBOY'.

*breathes*

Sorry about that. I really needed to get that out. On a lighter note, I just pretty much explained a lot about Dark Alpha stories (and why I don't like them).

• Rogue stories. In these the main character is a rouge, mostly because something tragic happened to her family. She is trying to sneak through a pack's lands, when SCHBANG! She has been captured by a mega powerful pack who are renowned for hating rouges. It turns out she is mated to the Alpha-heir, who has some emotional confusion, because he swore to kill all rogues due to his own family disaster. In the end she is adopted by the pack and everything turns out just peachy.

I actually like Rogue stories - the girl is awesomely badass, the boy gets his just desserts, the Alpha turns out to be really nice and fatherly, plus there is lots of room for creativity as well as a happy ending ^_^

So yeah. I like good Rogue stories.

---|||---

That's the end of my Rant/help guide on finding a decent werewolf story, there isn't much else to say. I've only summed up what I consider the main catergories here, because I'm tired and yeah, stuff.

There is more to come! Possible advice and...

Basically, it's just that and rants from here on out!

Oh and did you know you can vote on this story? I know at least a few people are reading it (when I hit 100 reads OMG I seriously fangirled) but NO-ONE votes.

I'm big on voting - I vote for everything I like. It's the least I can do, these people are putting themselves out there and writing! I know that this story doesn't hold up that that, but I've sat right next to friends as they read MY book, and they haven't voted. WTF? Is it really that hard to give the author some sort of thank you? Personally, I think that if you don't vote, don't read. Just straight up tell me you don't like my story.

Especially on a phone app. Then you have no excuse.

In accordance, please vote! :)