Chapter five.

This isn't eddited yet. So please excuse any mistakes you might find :X

            ______________________________________________________________

“Kevin.” I yelled in the empty hospital room, after loads of failed attempts to press that button to call ‘the nurse’.

It was first thing in the morning, I had had my breakfast and was bored right after that.

 “Come right now or I’ll keep yelling until someone drugs me with a sleeping needle.” My voice echoed in the room, as again it was replied to with silence.

 I was starting to get used to feeling lonely in that room. My parents were rarely with me. Dad would always be at work. Whereas mom would make a stupid excuse of cleaning the house or doing the laundry, just to get out of this place. Chris is typical Chris. Whenever he would be around, you’d find him looking around for ‘Hot girls’. And when he’s not around he’ll be at college, doing the same thing. And that; is looking around for ‘hot girls’.

 I wasn’t that depressed about it. I was even impressed that my family stuck around for me for the first month. You see, my family broke down after the ‘accidental kiss’ my dad was caught in. Gaining the old trust back was the hardest thing. Mom and dad went through some serious marriage counseling therapies, for many months. They stuck around with each other for the two amazing kids they had, as I remember them calling us. After the huge time and fortune spent on therapies and counseling, they finally decided to go back to their old life and live like a happy family.

Fail.

 That’s what I thought. Spending all their time avoiding each other and us was not a happy family.

 “What’s wrong with you, woman? This is a hospital not a ‘Who can scream the loudest contest’.” Hissed Kevin as he barked into the room.

 “Oh, now you decided to come? Where are the nurses when you need them in this hospital?” I replied crossing my arms.

 “This is a hospital. I work here. Nurses have more things to do then …Then un-bored you?” He put his hands in the air in exasperation.

 “Un-bored me? What? That’s not even a word.” I corrected.

 “You know what? From now on, all I’ll be to you is a nurse. Period.” He snapped.

 He really wasn’t in his best mood, was he? Probably just another argument he had with his wife. Well, I’m not the one to apologize here, am I?

 “Fine.” I crossed my arms.

 “Fine.” He repeated.

 “Take me to the teen room, Nurse.” I ordered smirking at him.

  I might as well make the best of it.

 Without saying a word and with a scowl on his face, he helped me get to my wheeling chair that’s always just beside my bed.

 I got enough time to check him out. He was quiet handsome, actually. Even the bald head he had. Not from hair loss though, it looked like he shaved it himself. He was quiet strong and well built.  He had dark blue eyes that were framed by two furrowed eyebrows. His nose was big, but well formed. He had thin lips and a beautiful smile that showed his perfectly white teeth. And boy, he was tanned.

 I felt so pale near him. It was the first summer that I haven’t spent all my days at the beach. Since we lived in a sunny, hot and coastal town, I would pass all my time at the beach and end up with a beautiful tan, or sunburn. But that was good old days.