CHAPTER 17: Shines Of Moon

━━━━━━ ◦ ❖ 17 ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━

       THE MOON SHINED brightly across the shallow cave. After the rest of the pirates descended and leave, the cavern went all still and quiet in our surroundings. Barbossa selected three men to stay guard on us.

       Jack's expression falters, like this he hadn't plan for. He stared at the distance. "There's... Another exit?"

       "Aye, for us there is." Barbossa said.

       Will stood infront of us, guarded by two pirates. I settled down behind the other pirate who was skipping stones on the water, and Jack moved around examining some of the treasure.

       I grab the compass out of my coat again. As soon I've waited and glanced on Jack's compass, the needle pointed a direction but then it occurs to Will. At this time, I realized I was not fully aware that I've been concentrating my own right now. I did not take heed about the others.

       I stiffened on the pile feeling dejected. "I really thought Elizabeth is here. I should have gone saving them at the Black Pearl..."

       "You shouldn't have come here." Will whispered at me.

       I should've been looking for the painting right now, but there's a lot of treasures scattered around and Barbossa fixes us with an appraising look that it terrifies me a little. He seems pretty unpredictable right now that it made me stutters to ask him about why he was upset with me. For Pete's sake, I really had no idea what is going on with him.

       "It never been that odd you accompanied with Jack Sparrow and Young Will Turner, Miss (L/N)." Barbossa said to me. I winced and stayed silent.

       "...She's our fellow navigator." Jack smiled at him. I furrowed my brows.

       Barbossa looked to me. "I see. I've also expected to meet Mr. (L/N) again but then I had a chance to meet his child instead."

       What? I piped up to him. "There's been a mistake, Captain." I shook my head, "Look, whatever did that fellow do to you. I am deeply sorry for everything for what he did to you. ...Anyway, I had no idea if he's your friend or he worked in the East India Company to steal your ship?... But Thomas Faye (L/N), whoever he is, this man is not my father or grandfather or any of my family-related. I have never heard of this man in my entire life."

       They all went silent, but Barbossa made an enigmatic look.

       As I was shaking with rage, I let out continue."...And I've heard your men told you that 'this man looked like me' or whatever. I didn't even know why I got stranded in this GODDAMN DISNEY MOVIE!"