CHAPTER 8: Tortuga

━━━━━━ ◦ ❖ 8 ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━

       A DANK AND dirty port, where the tides seem to have swept together the sum of the Caribbean

       A DANK AND dirty port, where the tides seem to have swept together the sum of the Caribbean. A pirate's port, the île de la Tortue or they called Tortuga. As I've read the book when we're on the Interceptor, how the navies has a book about this place. It remains a free port where traders can escape the high East India Tariffs, and pretty much, one of a dangerous place.

       The ship Interceptor had moored alongside the docks. We got out of the ship and walk towards the town.

      Pirates, privateers, prostitutes, theives and drunkards. Pirates dragged a merchant for sport, firing guns, chasing ladies and drink to excess. Yeah, it's not a good place to visit.

       Will and I studied the environment with a dubious expression, and scrunched up our noses in disgust of their hygiene. I know, they are less civilized, judging to these people isn't a very good one, but their hygiene keeps bothering me...

       With its cantered, rotting docks, weatherbeaten buildings, and odd assortment of livestock running free. It is far less civilized than Port Royal.

       "...More importantly, it is indeed a sad lot that has never breathed deep this sweet proliferous bouquet that is Tortuga, savvy?" Jack stated, smiling, "What do you think?"

       We looked around, seeing nothing much great enough but messed and drunkards. I cannot conceive what I'm feeling right now, whether both being terrified or feeling delighted to be here.

       "It'll linger." Will answered.

       "I'll tell you mate, if every town in the world were like this one, no man would ever feel unwanted." Jack said.

       In a split moment, as I waited it to encounter, I saw a redhead woman with a clown make-up wearing a scarlet dress strides up to us.

       "Uhh... Jack?" I said behind him.

       "Yes?" He looked at me. I pointed my hand.

       "Scarlette!" Jack greeted her, but all that he got was a great slap in his face.