CHAPTER 7: The Truth

━━━━━━ ◦ ❖ 7 ❖ ◦ ━━━━━

        I WALKED TOWARDS the railing and looked over the ocean. I delightfully found an old small notebook and a feather pen with an ink jar inside the cabin, as it occured to me to start jotting down the occurrences of what happened. I covered my face in disbelief.

       Oh my God, I still can't believe I'm doing this. I'm on the ship, A REAL SHIP!

       AND I'M IN THE SHIP WITH JACK SPARROW AND WILL TURNER, JOHNNY DEPP AND ORLAND BLOOM!! AND I'M ACTUALLY NOT DREAMING!! THIS IS CRAZY!!

       Okay, just calm down...

       I took a deep breath, marvelling the briny smell of air and the sea. I furrowed my brows as I came out a thought.

       And I'm jeopardizing my own future, this is dangerous, having a quest to find the painting? What am I thinking? Of course I'm going to find it! I'm not even supposed to be here with them, I'm actually ruining the story. Why am I here?

       I looked towards the horizon, let out a sigh. It doesn't matter. I'm here now, here to find the painting, having an adventure and try enjoy it.

       After we are in a good mile away, the Interceptor cuts across the waves. Jack was at the wheel while Will tightens a line, moves back astern.

       We are in the open ocean, I huddles in the far corner of the railings with a notebook in my hand, and Will starts rambling about his life while sharpening his sword with a whetstone. All of a sudden, I looked closer and found his Legolas Elvish tattoo in his wrist.

        I furrowed my brows, shocked, What? He really does have it??

       Jack interfered, talking to Will, "For a man whose made an industry of avoiding boats, you're a quick study."

       "When I was a lad living in England," Will said, attempt at guile, "My mother raised me by herself. After she died, I came out here... looking for my father."

       "Is that so?"

       "My father, Will Turner."

       Jack and I says nothing. Will has lost his patience for guile, he continue, "At the jail, it was only after you learned my name that you agreed to help. Since that's what I wanted, I didn't press the matter. I'm not a simple ton, Jack."

       I just sat there, listening in their conversation, didn't intend to interfere.

       "And I overheard you were talking about my father when we're on the fort. You both knew my father..." Will accused.

       I didn't said a word. I hesitated. Wait, did I just said that? I mentioned it? What am I thinking?!

       Jack paused for awhile, considers his reply, "We knew him, probably one of the few who knew him as William Turner. Everyone else just called him Boostrap or Boostrap Bill."