Beast

Your group of mutants was sitting in the living room watching the TV turned to President Kennedy’s speech.

“That’s where we’re gonna find Shaw.” Erik declared and pointed at the TV.

“How do you know?” Alex asked as he looked up to Erik.

“Two superpowers facing off, and he wants to start world war three.” Charles explained, “he won’t leave anything to chance.” You frowned. Even though you had been working non stop trying to gain control over your powers, it seemed like it just wasn’t fast enough. Unlike everyone else, you still couldn’t get a control over your power.

“So much for diplomacy.” Erik sighed then turned to the rest of the group, “I suggest getting a good night’s sleep.”

It was well past midnight and you were awake in your room trying to convince Raven to punch Erik. You felt a sense of pride when you noticed Raven’s emotions morph from what you could only describe as romance into anger. You internally cheered and tried to convince her to punch Erik, but that was stopped as she suddenly shut you out. “You can sense me?” you shouted and groaned into your pillow. “I was so close!”

You tried to get into Charles’ emotions to get him to punch Erik, but was also stopped. ‘Your presence is stronger.’ You heard him muse.

‘What is that supposed to mean?’ you asked.

‘Well, when you first started out, I couldn’t feel you messing around at all, now I can.’ He explained.

‘That’s not a good thing.’ You frowned.

‘Maybe not, but it shows how much stronger you are.’ Charles remarked, ‘you should get some sleep. You’ve come far, you don’t want to let it all go to waste tomorrow.’

‘Okay. Good night Charles.’

‘Night (y/n).’

You woke up bright and early the next morning ready to take on the world. Well, Shaw, to be exact, but still. You were pumped. You hurriedly put on clothes that would be suitable for the fight and ran downstairs to grab something to eat. “Are you guys ready to take on the world?” you asked excitedly.

“Um, no?” Sean responded.

“Come on,” Charles declared from the doorway, “it’s time we get a move on.

The group made their way to the lab where Erik was already waiting, “Hank has been busy.” He mentioned and motioned towards the box that was filled with suits.

“Do we really have to wear these?” Sean inquired unhappily. You had to admit, the suits were a little tacky.

“As none of us have mutated to endure extreme G-force or being riddled by bullets,” Charles answered, “I suggest we suit up.”

“Where’s Hank?” Raven asked suddenly, and you finally noticed how a certain glasses wearing man was missing from your group.

“I’m here.” You heard his voice coming from the fog and a shape emerged walking towards you.

“Hank?” Charles asked in concern at the blue beast that took replaced Hank.

“It didn’t attack the cells.” He explained dejectedly, “it enhanced them. It didn’t work.” You winced in sympathy for Hank, that must’ve been rough.

“Never looked better man.” Erik remarked as he looked at Hank. Hank snarled and grabbed Erik by the throat. You may not have gotten along well with Erik, but you didn’t want to kill Erik.

“Hank?” Charles tried to calm down Hank.

“Hank!” you sent calming emotions to Hank to get him to let go of Erik. As much as it dismayed you, you needed Erik. You tried to put a soothing hand on Hank but he threw you back and you stumbled backwards onto the floor.

“Don’t mock me!” Hank bellowed as he choked Erik.

“Hank, put him down immediately, please?” Charles worked on getting Hank to calm down and you boosted your efforts to calm him down, “Hank! Hank!” You sent a barrage of calming emotions to Hank and he let go of Erik.

“I wasn’t.” Erik gasped as he regained his breath.

“Even I gotta admit, you look pretty badass.” Alex nodded, “I think I got a new name for you.” Hank looked at Alex intrigued and you silently wished ‘please don’t be something as offensive as bigfoot.’ “Beast.” Alex declared happily. You facepalmed, that wasn’t much better. Hank too didn’t look too pleased, but he decided he didn’t want to fight it.

Hank led your group into the plane and got into the cockpit, “you’re sure you can fly this thing?” Alex asked and you sent him a glare that told him to shut his mouth.

“Of course I can.” Hank retorted as he flipped some switches, “I designed it.”