Erik

"So how does it feel to be a professor?" Raven asked as the three of you left the building.

"Ooh, Professor Charles Francis Xavier. That's got a fun ring to it." You smiled.

"Don't call me that." Charles protested, "you don't get to be called a professor until you actually have a teaching position."

"I know, but it suits you." Raven explained.

"Up top!" you shouted to Raven from behind Charles' back and the two of you slapped hands together. Raven looked to be the youngest out of the three of you, even though technically you were. Raven's mutation allowed her to age at half the rate as a normal human being, so while she aged slowly, you still aged as the same rate as everyone else and surpassed Raven's physical age. Mentally though, you and Raven were practically the same.

"Don't say that." Charles groaned, "do say, "let's go have a drink.""

"Let's go have a drink." Raven parroted.

"And this is my cue to leave." You spun around and awkwardly sauntered away to find a cab.

"Okay, see ya (y/n)." Raven waved as she and Charles walked towards the direction of the nearest bar.

"Hmm. Taxi!" you shouted as you waved down the street.

...

"This is the US Coast Guard." You, Raven, Charles, and Moira were aboard one of the coast guard ships that was closing in on Shaw. It didn't take much convincing from Moira to get the three of you on board to hunting down Shaw. You all knew deep down that the peace was only short lived. "Do not attempt to move your vessel." You looked to your right to see Charles concentrating on the submarine below the water in front of you. "Stay where you are."

"I've lost Shaw." Charles began to panic, "I've lost Shaw. There's something blocking me."

You sent your own mental waves out to attempt to locate Shaw, you couldn't telepathically connect with him, but you could try to emotionally connect to him.

"This has never happened to me before. I think there's someone like me on that ship." Charles explained.

"Like you?" Moira questioned, looking between the three of you.

"I'm sorry, a telepath." Charles explained, "This is incredible. I could actually feel her inside my head."

You clucked your tongue, "I can't. I don't know him enough nor have I made eye contact." You shook your head and looked at the people around you, "I can't single him out."

Charles nodded, "I'm very sorry, but I don't think I'm gonna be much help tonight. You're on your own."

"Charles." You demanded, "what was the emotion that Shaw was primarily feeling?" you were starting to get a hold of multiple emotions on the ship. Around five if you were to give a number.

"Amusion." Charles responded, "someone just tried to kill him, but, one of his lackeys stopped the person."

You combed through the emotions and couldn't find amusion anywhere. "Not good enough, I need another."

"That's all I got, he was amused when the coast guard showed up as well." Charles explained.

"Ugh." You tried harder to find a hint of amusion, and luckily enough, there was, "got him! Got him!"

You're concentration was broken as the anchor on the boat was whipped around by some invisible force. "Oh, my god." Charles breathed.

"Jesus." Moira gasped.

"What could it be?" you questioned. You sent your mind out through the waters to find the source of the mysterious force pulling the anchor around. It wasn't very hard. The seething anger could've been seen from a mile away.

The agent who took you, Charles, and Raven took a gentle hold on your shoulder. "Get inside." The agent from earlier told you.

"Stop, stop, stop, stop." Charles demanded and you shoved the agent off of you.

"Charles?" Moira questioned through pants, "are you okay?"

"There's someone else out there." Charles explained as his eyes combed the murky dark waters in search for a person, you quickly followed suit. "There." Charles pointed at a person in the water.

You watched as the submarine pulled away in the water as a person tried in vain to hold onto the submarine through what you assumed was a mutation. There was nothing visible connecting the person with the submarine.

"Let go! You have to let it go!" Charles shouted over the railing in a vain attempt to communicate with the angry person in the water. "You got to help him." Charles looked at the sailors manning the ship, "you got to put someone in the water to help him!."

"Charles, his anger." You touched Charles' elbow, "it's going to consume him. He can't let go because of his anger!" you hurriedly explained.

"Let it go!" Charles shouted once again into the water, "you have to let it go!"

"He can't hear you!" you shouted, "his mind is clouded from fury!"

Charles jumped into the water after the man in the water.

"For crying out loud!" you shouted in anger, "at this rate, you'll drown too!" you shouted after Charles, who had already broken through the water. "Where's the life buoy?" you demanded as you looked around you for the red and white ring. In the back of your mind, you kept your emotional connection with Charles that allowed you to keep tabs on where he was, as well as his emotional state. Obviously. "Where the heck is that life buoy!" you shouted, "we need that to get people out of the water! You're the coast guard!" you took deep breaths to regain the oxygen you lost from screaming so loud. Someone appeared with the ring and you snatched it out of their grasp. You ran back to the rail and focused your attention on Charles, his mild panic was replaced with relief and you saw him and another man break the water.

You threw down the ring down to them which they gratefully grabbed and you, along with multiple sailors managed to haul the two of them back onto the ship.

"You idiot!" you shouted to Charles before he even got a towel to dry himself off, "you could've drowned!"

"He was about to drown, I couldn't just let him." Charles explained as he pointed to said person.

You turned to look at the man who Charles risked his life to save, "(y/n)." You introduced yourself as you held a hand out for him to shake.

"Erik." He replied and the two of you shook hands. You made eye contact and immediately created the emotional connection which made it so that you could keep tabs on him, even without eye contact, you wouldn't even have to be in the same room. "Are you, like him?" Erik asked as he motioned to Charles.

"In a way." You shrugged.

'He's a mutant too,' Charles' voice chimed in you head.

'I know that dimwit.' You snapped back, 'and get out of my head.'

'He thought he was alone.' Charles elaborated.

"You're not alone." You stated aloud to Erik. You felt even more relief wash into Erik.

"I thought I was the only one." He murmured.

"Don't worry," you gave a small, somewhat forced smile, "you aren't." You turned to glare at Charles, "stop being a self-sacrificing dimwit!" you shouted and Charles almost seemed to shrink under your short stature. "I don't think I could live without you around." You whispered as you gave him a tight hug.

"I don't plan on disappearing anytime soon." Charles let out a soft laugh.

"You're words seem to contradict what you just did." You mumbled into his wet shirt.

Charles let out an awkward laugh, "uh, yeah. Guess there's that."