Path

You, Raven, and many of the other mutants who Charles and Erik had spent quite a few days traveling around looking for, were sitting in a cush room in the base of the CIA.

"We should think of code names." Raven clapped her hands, "we're government agents now. We should have secret code names."

"Don't you think that's a little, uh, childish?" you inquired.

Raven stuck out her tongue, "stop being an old fart like Charles. You've been hanging out too much, he's rubbing off onto you."

You frowned, you didn't think you had surpassed Raven by a huge amount of years, but apparently you had. "Fine." You mumbled under your breath, luckily, it seemed like no one had heard you.

"I want to be called Mystique." Raven declared. You raised an eyebrow, well that was somewhat out of the blue.

"Damn!" Sean enunciated loudly, "I wanted to be called Mystique."

Raven laughed, "well tough. I called it." She replied pompously before shapeshifting to look like him, which gathered a lot of claps and gasps of surprise, "and I'm way more mysterious than you." That too caused a lot of clapping and you heard Alex say 'woah' more than once. "Darwin, what about you?"

"Well, uh, Darwin's already a nickname, and, you know, sort of fits." He shrugged as he stood up and walked over to the fish tank, "adapt to survive and all. Check this out." He submerged his face into the water and gills appeared on the side of his face. Once again, this invoked many claps and cheers. "Thank you, thank you." Darwin shook his face and the gills disappeared. "What about you?" he looked at Sean.

"I'm going to be... " he leaned forwards in his seat and contemplated it, "banshee." He decided.

"Why do you want to be named after a wailing spirit?" Hank asked amusedly.

"You might want to cover your ears." Sean responded as he squatted in front of the coffee table where three glass candle holders stood. He looked from side to side and then whistled, which shattered the window instead of the candle holders.

The room laughed while you cringed at the broken glass, "am I really that old?" you muttered to yourself, as you saw none of this amusing, even though you were barely older than the rest of the group.

"How'd I miss that?" Sean asked unhappily, he looked towards Angel, "your turn."

"My, uh, stage name is Angel." She replied as she stood up and took of her jacket, "kind of fits." She turned around and the wing tattoos on her arms turned into real, dragonfly like wings.

"You can fly?" Raven asked in disbelief as she looked at Angel in awe.

"Uh huh." Angel smiled and turned back to look at you guys, "and, um..." she spit and a fireball flew out of the broken window and landed on the statue outside, setting it on fire. Once again, the group laughed in the face of destruction. "What's your name?" she asked Hank as she put her jacket back on.

Hank looked away and hesitated to answer. "How about Bigfoot?" Alex asked through a drink.

Raven turned to Hank with a passive aggressive glare, "well, you know what they say about guys with big feet. And, uh, yours are kind of small."

"Ooh, burn." You laughed under your breath.

"How about you, (y/n)?" Sean asked as he turned towards you.

"Um, I don't really have anything cool to show." You laughed awkwardly, "it's more of an emotional thing. Pathokinesis."

"And." Raven prompted.