Grocery Shopping

Hello my luvs,

          Third chapter whoop whoop! This story is just getting started and there is so much more to come :) If you're liking the story so far, please vote for it. If you have any story ideas then feel free to message me. I will be revealing who plays the characters very soon. Anyways, read on! Enjoy

~xoxo

Brooke

        I decide to go all out and buy eggs, waffle mix, bacon, and some fruits. 'Hopefully this makes up for me leaving her behind.' I think to myself. I push the cart forwards towards the cash register. My turn finally comes in line and I hand the cashier my credit card.

          "Sorry sometimes our system glitches just give me one second," she says after swiping the card several times. A few more card swipes later the lady says, "Looks like it's not our system after all, your card has been declined."

          "What?" I whisper yell not wanting to catch the attention of the already irritated customers behind me. "That's not possible, my parents just put in another 10,000 dollars for this month!" I reply. "Please just try it one more time, like you said it could be a glitch."

          "Listen, I've already tried my best there's nothing else I can do, I'm going to have to ask you to hand over all the items in your cart," she tells me almost in a bored tone as if she's gone through this process many times already.

          "That won't be necessary," a deep voice cuts in.

          Whipping my head around my jaw literally drops as I see none other than Ashton Waters standing inches behind me.

          "Shut your mouth babe, the drooling look doesn't suite you well," he whispers into my ear. He turns his attention back to the cashier, "My girlfriend here must've forgotten me while she was shopping, she's quite clueless as you can see," he smirks and nudges me telling me to play along.

          'Two can play at this game,' I think to myself and smirk as I come up with a perfect plan.

           "Oh hun I'm sorry I was trying to look for those men diapers that you needed, remember the ones you asked me for?" I smile sweetly back at him.

           The back of his neck starts to tinge with red when he smoothly replies, "Oh thanks it's so nice that you care so much about my grandfather, how thoughtful of you."

            The cashier clears her throat to get our attention.

             "There are other people waiting in line so I would appreciate it if you can pay and move on," she says her eyes lingering on Ashton for a few seconds too long. Suddenly feeling protective, I wrap my arm around his waist catching him by surprise as he paid for my groceries.

             "Have a nice day," she chirps while slipping a folded piece of paper over to him.

             "Oh we will," I snap glaring at her smirking face.

-

          Like a gentleman, Ashton carries out the bags trying to keep up with me as I storm off to my car.

          "What's wrong with you?" he asks.

           "Why the hell do you care," I snap suddenly regretting it.

            He holds up his hands in defense, "Sorry for caring," he replies with a hint of annoyance.

            "You should be," I say while getting into the car and slamming the door.

            White hot pain flushes through my fingers in an instant and I let out a yelp realizing I jammed my fingers in the door. 'Life just has a way of slapping me in the face every now and then,' I think to myself.

             "Karma's a real bitch ain't she," Ashton smirks after he freed my fingers from their stuck position.

             "You're not even going to ask if I'm ok?" I shriek in disbelief.

             "Well given the fact that there's only a medium amount of blood with no bones sticking out, you seem pretty fine to me," he replies calmly, only intensifying my anger.

             "Screw you!" I scream at him.

             "Someday babe, someday," he smirks and saunters away.

               How's the story going so far ? Vote, Comment, and follow!

~xoxo