Pyramids (2).

Filler Chapter. Drabble to improve writing skills, but you can read along if you'd like ❤️

 Drabble to improve writing skills, but you can read along if you'd like ❤️

She felt her legs grow heavier as she approached her destination. Never in her days of living would she put her pride aside to be back in an empty home, with an even emptier vessel. Her body trudging past the guard rail, gaining access with the help of a small I.D card, she fumbled with her keys before pressing it gently inside of the hole in high hopes not to awake Abel, who probably had grown worried at the lack of texting between the two.

Not that it was Hana's concern, but for Abel to emphasize on a heavy point in her life was very insensitive. But in recent months of being with him, she's experienced his lack of vulnerability to anyone, Hana began to wonder if this man was even human. But Hana was sure that through his hard exterior, there was something genuine about him.

As she closed the door quietly, Hana tried to tip-toe past the living room of the grand foyer only to be stopped, which caused Hana's heart to accelerate at a rapid pace.

"Hana," Abel's voice protrudes her ears, causing her body to freeze. Goosebumps piercing her soft skin as she heard the sound of Abel's heavy footed boots trudge past the living room, toward the banister. Hana gazed hard as anxiety overcame her body, she stared into his eyes. Telling by how half-lidded they were, the potent smell of alcohol, weed, and tiny flakes of white substance underneath the nostril—Abel was off of the drugs.

"Hello," Hana mumbled while attempting to avoid eye contact, which angered Abel. Grabbing her by her cheek, Hana's eyes widened in fear as his demeanor was someone else. Her soft hands grabbed his wrists;

"Where were you?" he asked calmly.

"I told you baby, I was at Bella's,"

"Lies. I drove past, and she said she hadn't seen you since earlier today." He grits his teeth while tightening his grip gingerly, avoiding her windpipe. He knew those were one of Hana's weaknesses, but for some reason, Hana didn't feel anything. In that moment Hana couldn't help but roll her eyes in potential envy, why would Abel think it was normal to do that?

"So you don't trust me now?" Hana hissed annoyingly as Abel's eyebrows furrowed.

"Fuck you mean? I trust you enough to be where you say you're going to be! And you left your mace that's why I went over!"

"Abel," Hana's voice dropped a few octaves in attempts to calming down, "You do realize I wouldn't need mace at Bella's house right?"

"Where were you?"

Hana grew agitated for some odd reason. Of all times to pick an argument, Abel chose in the late night to prove his point; another thing Hana noticed about Abel was that he was persistent. Continuously chasing after what he craved, and would not let up until he had it.