Chapter Fourteen

Two days passed after that. Tamilore still felt hurt by what Bisola did (unintentionally) and Bisola felt like she had to apologise to her sister.

It was evening. Almost everybody was in the living room, except Tamilore and her husband. Tamilore was outside, while her husband must have been inside their room. Bisola boldly went outside to find her sister.

When Bisola stepped outside, she didn't see her immediately. She had to walk to the back of the house before she found her leaning against a wall, staring into the distance.

She walked towards her, as quietly as she could, and she knew Tamilore saw her, yet she did not react to her presence.

Bisola touched her shoulder gently. Tamilore stiffened a little, but it was gone as quickly as it came.

"Tamilore," she said softly. "Please don't be angry with me. I didn't mean it like that at all."

There was silence, and then Tamilore closed her eyes briefly. Then she open it, breathed through her mouth, and nodded.

Bisola cracked a smile. "Thank you."

Then a tear slid down Tamilore's face.

"Don't cry," Bisola said, wiping the tear off.

"I'm offending everybody. I'm fighting with everybody."

"Aw." Bisola felt broken by her sister's words.

"No you're not. We love you. You're allowed to feel how you're feeling. Broken, hurt, confused. Just know you have us." She paused. "You have us," she reiterated.

"How can I have you," Tamilore whispered, "When you could very well be the kidnapper of my baby?"

* * *

The next day was somewhat serene, if everybody decided to forget about the missing baby.

Bisola and Tamilore had made up. They were both in the living room, alongside Tiwa, Itunu, Kola, and Dami. Modupe was still keeping to herself, choosing to stay alone in her room and eat there, and nobody attempted to go to her because mad Modupe could be a terror. Whenever she wanted to be left alone, she had to inevitably be.

Bisola spoke up, "This place is dirty. Titi!"

The girl who had been washing piles upon piles of plates came scrambling forward.

"Go and bring a broom and come and sweep this place," Bisola ordered.

The girl nodded and walked back into the kitchen. She returned with a broom and packer.

Obviously Titi couldn't ask them to stand up, so Bisola helped her out. "Please, you will have to stand up," she told them. "This girl wants to sweep."

Nobody could argue with the Mummy of the house, so they all got up, going to the dining room.

Titi swap the room, put the rug back on, packed the dirt, and went into the kitchen.

They returned back to the living room, perching on the sofas.

Few minutes later, Kola stood up, his hands on his waist. Then he asked, "Can we at least turn on the TV?"

"TV ke? Haba," his wife said.

"So we can know what is going on in the outside world," he said.