1.13 Bitch in a Business World

"Open your mouth" Lawrence held a spoon full of rice. Piper opened her mouth as Lawrence fed her.

"Mmm! You're the best!" Piper gave him a thumbs up before chewing her rice. She had been in the hospital for almost 1 month and she was about to get discharged soon, much to her excitement. 

"Eat more" Lawrence gave her another spoon of rice from the lunchbox he made.

"Yeees" Piper chewed happily. She found the hospital not that bad. She could sleep and everyone would do everything for her. The only thing she hated was the smell but she got used to it.

"Today's the last day" Lawrence took away the empty lunchbox

"Mmh. I can soon be free" But no matter how much she liked the hospital, she liked home the most.

"Yes" Lawrence sat on the couch as he read his book while drinking coffee.

Piper stared happily at his focused face. As the days passed she found herself liking him more and more. He was a nice person and a nice friend.

"Do I look that nice?" Lawrence smiled, his eyes still on the book

"Little" Piper laughed. She also liked him because she could be open with him. She didn't need to act like Piper Green, but she still refrained herself from exposing too much of herself.

"Why did you just suddenly stop using "Piper" instead of I?" Lawrence asked with curiosity

"Piper thought it was annoying" She joked

"It's cute" Lawrence said while chuckling

Piper didn't answer and only went silent. She was a little mad.

Does that mean that I'm not cute? I'm only cute when I'm Piper Green? Piper Green is the one you find cute and not me? 

She wondered if he only liked her because she acted as Piper Green before or if he liked her because she was her. If he really only liked the "Piper Green" her, then she would not be friends with him anymore.

"Why so depressed?" Lawrence noticed her mood change so he asked.

"Nothing" Piper sighed and got rid of her thoughts

So what if he only likes me because I'm Piper Green. He doesn't need to love me. Piper Green is the one who should live a good life

Piper smiled happily again and schemed in her head. Lawrence laughed and drank his coffee silently.

"Why are you laughing?" Piper asked Lawrence with a mad tone

"No." Lawrence got rid of his smiling face

"What no? That's not an answer!" Piper pouted.

"I was happy" Lawrence smiled again while looking at Piper

"Why?"

"Because I'm happy when you're happy" 

"Oh..." Piper tried her best to act calm. She almost laughed because of the cheesy line

Piper suddenly felt a pain in her head which caused her to frown but she soon went back to her normal expression so it went unnoticed.

The symptoms are already showing up, huh?

Piper lied down on her bed and closed her eyes. Her head really hurt like it was about to explode, "I'm sleepy" She said to Lawrence

"Sleep then" Lawrence just thought that she was to embarrassed to face him so he didn't care, "Goodnight, Pipes"