Prologue

Prologue

"I know you like me," he murmured slowly, his eyes locked into mine as he took a step forward. I stood watching him, as a prey would to her predator, like a bird staring into the eyes of a snake, but still I could not move an inch. His steely and mesmerizing gaze held me to the ground.

"Come, go home with me," he extended a hand towards me, beckoning me, as if saying, 'Come into the darkness.' Almost by instinct, I responded by taking a step backwards, my eyes slowly widening in horror. He had made the first attack towards me.

I closed my eyes, all too aware of the fact that he was still studying me knowingly. I thought of the fun back then, when I had been so carefree, so wild. I imagined that feeling as my fingertips trailed lightly from his cheek to his collarbone. At that time, he was my marionette and I pulled his strings. Remembering the way he shivered slightly at my touch caused a ghost of a smile to form at my lips now.

It was funny how the roles were reversed. I opened my eyes, and the smile still lingered. I took a step forward this time.

"That's right, Elena, you belong with me," his white teeth glimmered in the sunlight. With him, was where I should be. I took another slow step towards him, this time closing the gap between us. The moment my hand came into contact with his, however, I saw my angel.

I saw Him behind Liam. It was a figment of my imagination, a mirage from my brain. Still, He could have been there for all I knew, He looked so real. My eyes widened infinitesimally.

All it was, was a flash. He was doing a lunge - one of the most basic fencing moves - and I stood at the side, watching His every move. He was fully concentrated on a non-existent opponent in front of Him, leaving me able to gawk at him. His attacks were as swift as a snake's, yet as graceful as a swan's.

The image was gone and He was gone suddenly. A meteorite had shot past my sky, but the moment it fell back over the horizon, I was blinded by its brilliance. I could not see anything worth living for anymore.

My eyes flickered down to to the dark orbs of the boy in front of me. His lips were curled into a sneer.

I looked at our joined hands.

~ Author's Note ~

Agh I couldn't resist the ideas in my head so I made a new story:)) As usual, it's inspired by real life situations. Thank you all my friends for helping me with my characters' names!XD