Chapter 8: Now

She ran, she didnt know where she was going, or where she wanted to go. Her head pounded, and her breathing became short and quick. She was wearing down but she couldnt stop. She unknowingly ran in the direction of her fathers.

Her parents were no longer together, when Lucy was 10, their arguments became fights and her mother would beat her father until he lost conciousness. He would never lay a finger in a girl so he let her, he never fought back. Lucy would just stand there, too scared to help him, too scared that she would be beaten too. She loved her father, she forgave him for the neglect he made her suffer through. She wanted him, she wanted to climb into his arms like she did as a child. She wanted him to tell her that everything was going to be okay, and she wanted to believe it.

She ran until she reached his house. She banged on the door over and over until a annoyed looking man opened it.

'Alright, alright, im coming......Lucy??'

She flung her arms around her father, startling him in the process. The tears that she had kept hidden began to fall freely, they wet the shirt he was wearing. He soon pulled back and pulled her into the kitchen. It was only then Lucy got a good look at her father. He looked tired, anger laced his eyes, but also nerves. Why was he nervous?? He kept glancing over his shoulder to the door entering the living room. Something lay on the coffee table.

Her father walked in front of her, and before he noticed, she quickly let the curiosity overcome her and went to look at the mysterious object. Shock covered her face as she looked down at the black bulky object she held in her hand. It was a gun! It was warm and recently fired. The memories of her kidnapp flashed before her. A man dressed in black had held a gun to her head. The same gun she held now! Why would her father have that gun.

'Lucy?? Give me the gun!'

Her fathers entrance startled her but she did not turn to face her father. She just held it in her hands, the shock slowly retreating from her features.

'Why do you have a gun?' It was said so quietly and calmly that her father wasnt completely sure what she asked.

'Why do you have this gun? The same gun that was held to my head multiple times, the gun to which i almost lost my life by?'

'What? I dont know what you are talking about! Someone tried to kill you?'

'Yes! I have a question to ask you'

She was quiet, her hands shook, her voice shook she wished that the answer was no.

'Did you order sam to kill me? Did.....do you want me dead?'