Betrayal: Now

Prologue

He walked along a dark eerie corridor, not wanting to do the job he was given, he debated back and forth whether he should back out now, whether or not it was worth it. What he had got himself into was only the start, it was never going to end.

He reached the door at the end of the corridor, the white paint was peeling and chipping revealing the beige colour beneath it. A bronze number 4 was placed at eye level on the door and next to it was the remains of a number 6, these remains were the dust that had been clinging onto the door and the bright white it left behind after it made its way to the floor. He was in a hotel, away from the city. It was a pit stop for late night drivers along a busy road. Behind it was a forest soo large, that getting lost in there was not a good idea. You couldn't see it though as the windows had been smashed in and boarded up. No natural light entered. Cobwebs found themselves into every corner, dust onto every surface. You could her every sound. Every footstep. Every breath. Every heartbeat. A shiver ran down his spine at the thought of being here.

He took a deep breath, and brought up the courage to slowly pushed open the door. It creaked continuously until it stopped and silence overcame him once more. There she stood, his job. She was looking out of the only window in the room, looking out into the horizon. She did not startle, nor did she turn. She allowed a tear to fall on down her pale face to reach the destination of her dull black matted hair which lay limply over her shoulders.

She turned with clenched hands and looked at the place she had been staying for the past couple of weeks. White walls, white carpet, a bed stripped bare of sheets which caused shivering during the cold nights. She allowed her eyes to travel everywhere until they finally reached his eyes.

She couldn't see his face, only his eyes, his familiar blue eyes. she was searching for something in which she found, there was unwillingness in his eyes. She had spent the past weeks staring into her eyes in the bathroom mirror, she had the same eyes as her brother, her dead brother. At this moment she thought she was back there staring into her own eyes but she wasn't.

He pulled back the mask covering his face, and she could not control the shock from showing on her face. She was looking into the eyes of her brother.

The last thing she heard before the gunshot was him whispering

'Im Sorry'.