Ashley & Niall: Not Just For Kicks

I was a senior this year so I really needed to kick up my game. Soccer was my sport and if I wanted to go to college and play I needed to focus NOW! Focusing was nearly impossible with Niall in the stands. All five of the boys came to every single one of my games. With the scouts in the stands I knew I had to keep my mind off of Niall. The score was tied 2-2. We were playing the Tigers; they were our rivals since grade school. There was twenty eight seconds left of the game. If we didn’t score now the game would go into overtime. 25…20…15…10…Miller steals the ball kicks it to Calerson…5…4…3…2…SHE SCORES! Everyone in the stands went wild! The girls from the other team dropped to the ground. All my teammates came running after me and picked me up and put me on their shoulders. What a game!

After the game scouts from Duke and Stanford gave me information on joining their soccer programs. They were both amazing schools. I was lucky.

After talking to the scouts I took a shower in the girl’s locker room and freshened up a little bit. It was Friday and the boys and I were going to have a movie night. Maybe this was my night to make a move on Niall. Yeah right, like that’ll ever happen!

When I opened the door to leave the locker room all five of them were standing there. Louis ran up to me with the biggest smile and screamed in my ear “YOU’RE THE BEST SOCCER PLAYER EVER!” It actually hurt a little bit…

Then the other four came and gave me a huge group hug.

“I saw some scouts talking to you what colleges were they from?” Niall asked with a smile.

“Duke and Stanford but I wish USC would know I exist. USC is my dream college. I would way rather go there.” I explained.

“What are we doing tonight?” Harry asked everyone.

“I think we should just sit at someone’s house and watch movies all night.” Liam suggested.

“Well I’ve actually got a date tonight so I won’t be able to be there sorry.” Zayn told us. And we all looked at him disappointedly. But after about three seconds we forgot about it.

“But I like the idea of the movie night WITHOUT ZAYN!” Niall joked. I laughed of course.

“Yeah that sounds good to me. Let’s do it at my house.” Louis said. Louis had the biggest house out of all six of us. We always hung out at his house.

We got into Louis’ car and drove to his house. We ordered three pizzas because we knew Niall could eat two of them and the other four of us could eat one all together. Gosh Niall was so lucky he could eat so much and not gain a pound; high metabolism. We first watched ‘The Proposal’ because we all loved that movie so much. After that movie we all took a bathroom break. I was in the bathroom when I got a text from Louis.

From: Lou (;

You should really go sit by Niall during the next movie. (: 

To: Lou (;

Umm, no. He can sit by me if he wants. But I don’t want him to think I like           him because I know he doesn’t like me.

From: Lou (;

  Hmm, you never know. (;

I decided to get out of the bathroom because they probably all thought I was constipated or something along those lines. The next movie we watched was ‘Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets’ that was Liam’s favorite Harry Potter movie. Around the middle of the movie Harry stood up and said “Hey Niall will you come save my spot I’m going to make some popcorn.” It was really awkward because Niall came and sat by me and I’m pretty sure Harry was just trying to set us up.

I looked over at Louis and he gave me a really funny look and raised his eyebrows. When Harry came back he didn’t even ask for his spot back.

A little farther into the movie Niall moved his hand really close to my leg. I didn’t know if he wanted to hold my hand or something so I just put my hand on my leg letting him make his own decision. Sure enough he grabbed my hand and held it through the rest of the movie. I didn’t know if he just wanted to hold someone’s hand or if he actually had feelings for me. So when the movie was over I decided to talk to him.

“Umm, yeah I was just wondering why you held my hand?” I asked him making sure everyone else was taking their bathroom break.

“Because I like you. Do you not want me to hold your hand anymore?” He awkwardly asked.

“No I just needed to know. Because I like you too and I didn’t want you to be leading me on or something stupid like that.” I explained. It really surprised me when he told me he liked me. I totally didn’t see that coming.

“I would never lead you on.” He smiled.

“Since when have you liked me?!” It had just occurred to me that Niall Horan liked me!

“Probably since the day I met you.” He blushed.

“What and you’re telling me now?!” I screamed.

“Sorry.” He said laughing at my reaction.

During the third movie everyone had fallen asleep. Louis and Harry were both lying on the floor and Liam had snuck to one of the bedrooms in Louis’ house. Niall and I were snuggling together on the couch.

We all woke up the next morning with terrible bed hair and morning breath. I had an extra change of clothes in Louis’ car so I went to change and redid my hair and makeup. Liam made us all breakfast before he left.

Louis had to leave so the rest of us decided we should leave too.

“Hey do you want to come over to my place instead of going home? I really feel like I need to spend more time with you.” Niall said with a big smile on his face.

“Hell to the YES!” I screamed and right before I ran to get in his car Niall grabbed my arm and pulled me in and kissed me.

( A/N: I hope you like it! )