I'm falling for my somewhat related hot cousin. Part 7.

I paced up and down the halls. It was almost six, where was he?

I suddenly heard the front door open and I quickly ran down the stairs.

It was only Aunt Josephine.

"Hey! Is Eric back yet?" she asked.

"No. Where is he?"

"He's at Mason's house isn't he?"

"Oh. He never said anything." I said as I analyzed what she said.

That can't be right. Eric disappeared at lunch time. Mason was there. That means Eric must of lied to his mom. Where was he then?

Aunt Josephine made us dinner and when I asked her if we were going to wait for Eric to eat, she said that he'll probably eat at Masons house and for me not to worry, he does this all the time.

All the time?

I was lying on my bed and doing my homework when I heard the door open once again. I quickly sat up and pretended to be really concentrating on my work.

There was a knock on my door.

"Come in!"

Eric walked in, hair messy and he looked tired.

"Hey."

"Hey."

"You're probably wondering where I was." I shot him a skeptical look.

"And...?" I continued.

"I was with a friend."

I took in a breath and said, "Okay."

He just looked at me in silence. I don't know what we were doing. I was worried sick about him. As a boyfriend, he should of called or texted me. He didn't. Now he comes back with a pathetic excuse.

"I'm going to shower now."

"Okay."

He turned to leave the room. Before he left, he looked back with sad eyes. I didn't know what was wrong and I wanted him to be honest. I was going to find out.

I sat on his bed as he showered.

He came back in boxers and a t-shirt and sat down next to me.

"You could of told me that you were leaving." I started.

"I know, I'm sorry. But I need to be honest." He stared at me, waiting for me to say something.

Oh god, he was about to break up with me. Panic rose and my heart beat faster.

"Go ahead" I held his eyes with mine.

"I was with Katherine tonight." He said, looking guilty.

"Who's Katherine?" I asked, my voice cracking.

"My ex-girlfriend." I waited.

"She wants to get back together. She's going through a tough time right now."

Now I was pissed off.

"Do you know how worried I was?!! You left school without telling me. NO one told me anything? I WAS WORRIED SICK. AND NOW YOU TELL ME YOU DITCHED ME TO MEET UP WITH YOUR EX." My voice rose higher and higher. No wonder everybody looked at me like they pitied me at lunch today. I was about to be dumped.

"I'm sorry." He said.

"We're over. You should be sorry." I whispered with as much venom as I could as I ran out of his room.

I went into my room and slammed the door. Tears filled my eyes as I kept staring at the door. I wanted him to burst through and tell me that I was wrong and that nothing happened and perhaps declare his love for me. But this wasn't a fairytale. None of that happened.