Chapter 4

We spent all of 7th period talking. Actually, he mostly talked. I just nodded and listened to his happy childhood moments, fascinated.

Which is why when the bell ending school rung, I jumped in surprise.

I blink and turn to my backpack as he continues his story about falling over a soccerball. I shove my notebook in and stand up. I walked pass all the other students, who keep staring.

Feeling self-conscious, I pull my hood farther over my face as my mouth goes dry.

I open the class room door and walk out into the already bustling hallway. Students are yelling about it being a Friday. How there's a party going on. When an where? Rolling my eyes I continue to walk.

"Clary!" Blinking I turn around and stop walking. It takes everything in me to stop my lips from lifting into a smile.

Brooks...

I watch him push through all the other students, his eyes trained on me. My heart beat picks up and my breath catches as he continues towards me.

"Hey...You left me..." Brooks whispers softly. And somehow I can hear his soft voice over the sound of the yelling.

I gulp and stand taller, pulling my hood farther over my face.
"Oh, sorry." I reply in a soft whisper.

The idea of the house with my family... For two days without a reason to leave. With my father. I always hated weekends and Fridays tended to bring my depression higher.

I dreaded the idea of home and I was already exhausted. I didn't want to to go to the house, only to be hit again.

'Maybe... Just maybe he hasn't been drinking today...Maybe he'll stay at 'work' overnight again.' I clench my hands into fists, my nails digging into my palms as I look down at my black high-tops.

'Get it together, Clary.'

I felt so weak... And I couldn't do anything to fight back.

"Clary?" I jerk my head up when my thoughts are interrupted. Brooks tilts his head and steps closer to me.

"Are you okay?" The concern was easy to see in his eyes, the way he asks me if I'm okay shows how much he cares.

'Someone who cares.'

I blink away the tears in my eyes as my nose tingles with unshed tears.

Tears that threatened to spill.
I look up at him a bit and nod, taking a deep breath.

"Yeah, I'm fine Brooks. I'm fine." I   lie and for once I pretend I am.

That I will be okay.

I watch him hesitate and his hands clench at his sides slightly. I gulp but relax when he nods and smiles.

"Okay, Clary"

I smile softly, relieved that he believes me. But guilt spreads over me as the lie sets between us. Setting more space between us, even if he doesn't know it.

I clear my throat and pull out my phone.

3:15 p.m.

My eyes widen and my breathing quickens noticeably. I shove my phone into my pocket.

I have to be home by 3:25. I have ten minutes to get to the house.

And I live 4 miles from the school.

Images of the last time I was home late, runs through my head and panic sets in. My body practically shaking in the feeling.

"Fuck, sorry Brooks, I have to go." I reply an turn to leave.

I run towards the school doors and push them open. Except something yanks my left arm back and I hit into a warm chest.

I turn my head up and see Brooks. My hood slips back slightly and I let it. I know it still covers my cheek and eyes.

He smiles softly.
"Clary, let me give you a ride."

I gulp and look at a clock hanging on the wall behind Brooks.
6 minutes.

I look at Brooks and nod my head. I need to get to the house.

He gently takes my hand in his and I blush slightly. His fingers intertwine with mine and I love how his hand covers my small, frail hand, protecting it.

Protecting me.

I smile and follow him. He stops by the motorcycle I saw earlier and I look up at him as he digs his free hand through his back pocket.

He calms me and cares. Even if we just got to know one another... He still cares.
He was able to make the memories fade away.

He's my saviour.

Brooks smiles as he finds his keys and looks towards me.

His smile widens and before I know it, he leans in and kisses the top of my hood.

Even through the fabric, I swear I can feel the heat if his lips. The feeling from earlier flutters through me again.

My heart speeds up and I smile.
I feel heat warming up my cheeks and I bite my lip as he pulls away, disconnecting our hands.

The feeling still flutters through my body.

My heart is racing and my head is swimming in a dream haze.

He positions himself onto the motorcycle and holds out a hand to help me up.
As if on its own, my hand lifts and places itself in his.

He tugs me closer and twists himself around.

His hands wrap around my waist and lifts me onto his motorcycle, behind him.

He turns away and places the key into the ignition and twists it to the side.

The bike comes alive beneath me and I jump at the vibrations.

I squeaks slightly and Brooks looks over his shoulders at me.

"Might wanna hold onto me, Blue Angel." His voice drawls seductively and he smirks.

Just before he turns around, I swear he winks.

I wrap my arms around him and his bike shouts forward.

I squeeze my arms tighter and I don't fail to miss as he hisses in a breath.

I loosen my hold, afraid I'd hurt  him. I blink as he chuckles.

"Angel... Put your arms around me. Squeeze all you want. I crave your touch and soon enough you'll learn to crave mine." As his  words seep into my mind I blush.

I squeeze my arms over his stomach, once more and smile as he nods. As if this were some test.

I trust this person. This guy who makes me feel weird things.

Makes me laugh.
Makes me want to jump his bones.
He makes me feel safe, protected.
He makes me want to live.
Makes me want to hold on to him forever, and never want to let go.

Crazy, right?

****************
Hey everyone! So I updated today because I couldn't on Saturday! I will be posting tomorrow still and just wanted to apologize!
I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter, even though it's more of a bonus chapter.
Hehe. So how did you all like the chapter?
Will she be able to put everything behind her for her 'weird feelings' for Brooks?
Is he playing her, like the other girls?
Will he stick around?
Anyway!! I want you all to comment and tell me what you think!
*Smiles and rubs my hands together.*
Me and Lily have some twists coming up, so don't kill us if you don't appreciate the twists.
*Laughs* I love you Readers and hope you guys will continue to support us!
Comment, Vote and follow.
*Bows and blows kisses*
Till next time!
Bye!!
(1236 words)