Chapter 2 (Edited)

Brooks P.O.V

I open the front door, tugging on my leather jacket. I grab the keys to my bike, my baby, from the hooks hanging on the wall.

'First day of school. How fun will this be? Maybe there's going to be some reasonable and rational people...' I roll my eyes at the memory of the students at my last school. All it was there was drama. The teachers didn't really teach anything either and just blabbed about their personal lives during class.

I sigh and rub at my tired eyes. The kept dropping at half mast, wanting to sleep and close off the world. The too cold world.

I turned around and crouched down to grab my bag. I heft a strap over one of my shoulders and stand up.

My sister, Kate, stands in the hallway, hands on her hips as she glares at me.

My lips stretch into a smile as I chuckle, tired and relieved. I lift my hand holding my keys and wave, the keys jingle as they hit against one another.

I'm glad I didn't have to stalk up to her room and wake her up.

I step out the door, the cold hitting me like a slap to my face, waking me up a little more than before. Knowing I won't fully wake up till I ride my motorcycle. Till freedom sings in my veins.

"See you later, little girl" I taunt my sister and chuckle as I see her sticking her tongue out at me. I know it's childish, but I stick my tongue out right back at her. I watch as she begins giggling and skips into the door to her right, which leads to the kitchen.I roll my eyes, smiling at her childish behavior. But knowing that's what shes always like, I close the door. I turn towards the driveway and sigh at the sight of trees surrounding the house. Dark and ominous, with the cold winter sky setting icily behind the tall, tall trees.

I turn my gaze from the woods surrounding us and at my baby I'd finished just in time. My Kawaksaki ZX10R 07 bike.

I still huff in annoyance at the remembrance at how long the belly pan and side panel had taken to deliver to my house. It especially didn't help when my family and I had to keep moving. I shake my head, a smile gracing my face as I start to surround myself with positive memories. After all, it isn't good to start a day on negative intentions or thoughts...

I swing my keys, once again, around my ring finger as I walk towards my baby.

I swing my leg over the motorcycle seat and rest my left foot on the heel plate.

I kick out the standing rod and push the key into the ignition. It stutters and then comes to life and with a frown I pull out of my driveway, mentally writing down to check on the engine when I get back home.

I flex my fingers over the handle bars and breath in, deeply.

I face the open road, black ice slicking the edge of the roads. I rev the engine, kicking forward turning the bar handle and my bike shoots forward.

I feel the wind slicking through my hair like a freezing caress. I let out a shout as adrenaline scorches my veins, just like every time I ride my new motorcycle. I had even named her Baby girl.

I had the name engraved on the metal of the two wheels even.

I push the handle forward and shoot faster down the road. The snow that gracefully falls from the sky, sticking to my hair.

I watch the ominous trees pass in a blur, just as the faint memory of my mother passes in front of me. My mother would have loved the woods. The smell of the damp earth in the morning. The smell of winter and pine needles.

My mother'shair was a black, long length. I can never remember exactly what her face looked like, but I can remember her peach and strawberry scent whenever my mother comes to mind.