Kouen ¦ Surprise

Requested by @MyWord2016 and second part for A Child For A Husband

Two weeks flew by after Kouen's episode  and between those weeks, you were acting a bit peculiar. Far by Kouen's observation that is.

And as of now Kouen is in a meeting with his brother, Koumei with other officials concerning about the empire as he says. While you're with your sister-in-laws at Kougyoku's room. It was a perfect place to bond with the two Imperial Princesses whilst the males was busy with their own.. Work.

"Mm~ your sweets are still amazing as ever [Name]-nee." Kougyoku states then stuffs a forkful of the blueberry cheesecake, sighing in contentment afterwards. "Yes, the texture is still fluffy and soft while the taste perfectly blends the sugar and fruit." Hakuei agreed with detail.

You lightly blushed and chuckled from the complement, "It's not that special, you know. Making sweets has just became a habit of mine." "Yes but if you study more of baking, you can treat Kouen with them after a long day." Kougyoku beamed at Hakuei's comment, "Yeah! And Hakuei and I will be the taste testers!" you and Hakuei laughed as Kougyoku went off to daydream about the sweets you could make.

"That won't be a bad idea, but you know Kouen. He rarely eats sweets much less in special occassions." you had a point, after being married to him for a few years you had never seen him eat a bunch of sweets. It would usually be Kougyoku, Kouha, Hakuryuu and Judal who eats them, at times you also gives the servants.

Kougyoku slumps in her seat, a small frown gracing her lips. Hakuei while drinking her tea suddenly remembered something and turned to you, "Nee-san, earlier you said you want us to have tea and sweets and that you want to tell us something important." Kougyoku also looks at you at this, agreeing with a nod.

Realizing that you became nervous and fumbled with your outfit "Um, ah... Please don't tell this to anyone but.. I'm—well I'm pregnant..." you closed your eyes, waiting for their response. Silence engulfed the room before the two princesses began squealing with happiness and hugged you at either sides. You were taken aback by this.

Kougyoku then clasps her hands with your left hand and says, "I'm so happy for you [Name]-nee!". Hakuei also does it to your right hand and says, "I can't believe we're gonna be aunts! Who else knows this? When are you gonna inform Kouen?"

"No one else does... and about Kouen, I was planning on telling him at his birthday." your sister-in-laws brightened up, it was a perfect timing, Kouen's birthday was in a few days and your bump won't be showing a bit after two more weeks.

"We'll help you set up a plan, [Name]-nee! "

Kouen's Birthday

Indeed a few days have passed and your bump thankfully hasn't shown.

It was a peaceful morning, you are currently lying on your husband's chest like any other morning. You were the first one to wake up as usual. Looking up at Kouen's face, you smiled 'Kouen looks so peaceful' you thought and your mind suddenly thought on what he could think of the baby.

'What if he doesn't want her or him? What if he makes me get them adopted?' you frowned at your thoughts and snapped out of it when you heard his voice, "Good morning, [Name]." Kouen caressed your cheek with his hand and you leaned into his hand, taking in the warmth it radiated. "Morning, my love and Happy Birthday." you say and propped yourself your hands on either sides of his body and kissed him on the forehead, on his nose, on his cheeks, and on the corner of his lips before fully kissing him on the lips.

Kouen tangled his fingers through your (h/c) locks and kissed back with slight pressure. You hummed through the kissed and pulled away, both of you examining each other with soft eyes. Kouen tucked a strand of hair behind your ear and caressed your cheek once again.

Kouen may be serious and cold when with the others but when the two of you are alone, he goes and be sweet on you like now.

"Hmm why don't we get up and go have breakfast with the others, I'm surely they're waiting on the birthday guy." you gave him one last kiss and get out of his grasp and out of the futon. You stretched your arms out, the sleeve of your sleeping robe slipped from your shoulder and you arranged it and turned to Kouen,  beckoning him to get up and start his morning routine before going to the dining hall. A chuckle escaped his lips as he does so.

Timeskip

Breakfast, morning and the afternoon passed with multiple people greeting Kouen for his special day.

Entering the bedroom he sighed with exhaustion. Earlier after a meeting, a celebration was held and many nobles attented and by only talking to them made him tired and he only had little sake to drink because of that.

Kouen raised an eyebrow, his wife was nowhere to be seen when she said that she'll be at their room. "Where could she be now?" Kouen said aloud as he sits by the laid out futon. On cue the door opens and his wife comes in with a small cake in her hands.

Kouen smiled at this. "Sorry, I had to get this cake from the kitchen." you say as you sit beside him careful not the drop the cake nor the forks accompanied with it.

"Here, why don't you first have a bite?" Kouen nods and took one of the forks and took from the cake and brought it to his lips. He hummed in delight and kissed your forehead, "It's delicious as always, my flower." you grinned at him "Then why don't we finish it and it's small for your liking so you don't have to worry. " and that's what you both did but halfway the cake, Kouen saw a piece of paper at the bottom of the half finished cake.

Seeing it, he took the paper fromthe plate and opened it. Two words was written on it.

I'm Pregnant

Kouen looked at you with eyes that has unidentified emotions in them. The half finished cake was beside you and you were looking down at your lap, afraid of what he would say. But instead of saying anything yet, Kouen hugged you.

Tears appeared at the corner of your eyes as Kouen began muttering thank yous. The tears trickled down as you returned the hug tightly.

Both of you were gonna be parents and he was happy and so were you. Nothing could change that.

I'M SO SORRY I TOOK SO LONG TO COME BACK AND UPDATE.  ;-;