Chapter 16: The Dream that Brought them Home

Camila POV

   The urge to wake up was biting me in the ass but yet another part of me was refusing to. The stabbing pain of metal bars pierced at my back as my hand quivered by my side. Hyperventilation attacked my lungs and a chill travelled through my body and met my sprinting heart. WAKE UP! I shouted at myself but nothing worked. GET THE FUCK UP! I kept screaming to anyone who wished to hear the cries of a teenage girl. Still breathing to the speed of light, every pigment of my skin vibrated against the bed. The metal bars ringed a deadly tune. GET UP! I commanded but my body was moving to a command of their own. Still rattling like a maraca on the metal bars stinging my back, a huge CRACK echoed wherever I was. The vibration stopped immediately, with the crack still not forgotten.

   Drowsiness escaping my eyelids, I flicked one on and soon made the other one follow. I found myself in a lighted room, a window in the corner, high above the ground... on a bunk bed. I sat up on the bed, attempting to recognise my surroundings. The unusual room hit me as I kept searching for an element of familiarity. 

   Rolling my eyes, I shrugged off the thought of its unfamiliarity and jumped off the bunk to the ground, landing in a squatting position. The carpet made squishy, wet noises as my bear feet found its way to meet its icy frame. Retreating to sit on the bottom bunk, I gazed around at the naked room. There wasn't a wardrobe present nor a mirror in the corner of the room. The only thing that stood alive was the window opposite the bunk bed, covered by beige curtains, disallowing light to come in. The paint on the walls had visible cracks in it and the paint seemed to be falling off, leaving fragments of flakes on the wet carpet. The bed itself was freezing and naked like the rest of the room; nothing was covering the thin mattress to welcome me to a good night's sleep. 

   Letting out a mental yawn, the urge to scratch the corner of my right eye becomes too great. Diving a finger to the corner of my eye, the scratch slowly stopped irritating my eyes. Sighing, I take two giants steps into the wet carpet. Going on my tiptoes, I scurry to the next room, the name of the room was unkown to me. 

   However, my answer was found. The room was in fact a bathroom - judging by the lonely toilet in the corner of the room and a sink covered with algae oposite it, a derelict mirror on top of the sink. A deep crack going from the left corner followed diagonally to the next corner. 

   Looking around the bathroom, the faint sound of sobbing ringed in my ears. It sounded quite familiar but I couldn't trail the voice. 

   "You don't have to say anything... i just had to tell you..." the voice and face of the person was still unrecognised. 'I'm confused...' 

"Don't cry, Lauren!" surprised by my own voice answering, her face appears in front of the mirror; the mended mirror. 

"You left me, Camila. You left me for him!" she shrieked, tears sprinting down her face. The taps, the algae disappearing to show its pristine figure were soon filled to capacity with water. 'I LOVED YOU BUT YOU LEFT ME!' she screamed, more tears escaping, more water splashing on the cold ground, meeting my shivering toes. 

"Lauren, please..." my voice again, begging this time. The water still surrounded me chilly toes when Lauren disappared, leaving me on my own. The next figure appeared before me. The rat looking man with small ears and watery brown eyes was now putting on a black bowler hat and sunglasses, smirking at me. 

"You have people to speak to." he said, the smirk not disappearing. 'Your mum, your dad, your sister and the friends you left behind. And let's not forget that boyfriend of yours.' My saucepan fixed on the mirror as the people I loved soon came into the frame, soon joined by the one I despised. The order went from my dad, his eyes fixed on my gaze, then my mum who was holding my little sister in her arms. Then the girls came, Dinah shaking her head, Ally giving  me a sympathtic smile but Normani was glaring at me. Bryce pulled a confused face at me, arms crossed.