Chapter 6

Dinah POV

   "I can't take it anymore!" I snapped, removing the battery from my phone. I had just been contacting Lauren again but she didn't answer at all, nor did Mila. It's been three days without them, Neon Lights Tour in four days and they've still not been found. Not that the police were doing a great job at finding them either. They keep coming up with new excuses and have not even tried to retrieve them. Instead, they just sit on their asses all day and do nothing apart from wasting our time on interviewing us with the same lousy questions then apologise for not finding them. 

   Normani and Ally both stared at me. 

"What?" Normani questioned. 

"I can't take it!" I repeated. Ally sighed. 

"I know, darling, none of us can. Everything will be okay I-" I groaned. 

"It's been three days, Ally! Three days for christ's sake and they've still not been found!" I mentioned. Normani nodded and kept quiet. 

"Dinah... everything will be okay!" she reassured me. 'It's hard on all of us.' Ignoring her, I carry on ranting. 

"The police have done nothing! They have absolutely no leads. I mean, cameras fucking exist! Can't they just check the cameras to find out where they went or something." 

"Looking at cameras is really expensive, Dee." Normani mentioned. I groaned. 

"And so what?! They use cameras to find thieves who steal shitness so I'm sure they can look through the security cameras around here and..." I trailed off to take a breather. Ally tapped my back comfortingly. 

"Dee, everything will be find, I told you that already. Don't worry, I'm sure the police are doing everything they can to find them." I nodded. We kept silent for a while. I couldn't stop worrying about them. Where were they and were they safe? Why does either of them not pick up their phones? No battery? If only there was someone out there that could help us.... 

   "I've been thinking about this for a long time." I broke the silence. They both looked at me for a while before looking down at the ground. 'I see it in those shows all the time.' I continued. 'They can't find their loved ones so they hire a private investigator to find them and the outcome is always great even though it does take a lot of time for them to find the missing people but in the end they always find out what or where the missing people were.' Normani eyes widened then she started grinning. Ally kept quiet, biting her lip. 

"OH MY GOSH! That's a great idea!" Normani exclaimed. I nodded in agreement. 'Ally?' Ally kept biting her lip and took time to answer.

"Uh... are you sure about this guys? Don't you wanna wait a while with the police-" I groaned.

"The police are doing nothing, didn't you hear me before?" 

"I know Dinah but... imagine if even they can't find them either, huh?" she mentioned. 

"Ally, I think it's the best option." Normani spoke. 'I want to know where they are and a private investigator will bring us closer to that.' 

"Fine! Who though?" Normani and I shrugged our shoulders. 

"We can always check online." I suggested. 

Jake POV

   Bryce's condition wasn't improving at all. 

"He's not responding to any of the medicine and there's no sign of improvement." my mum informed me when I asked her about him. 'Most of the doctors think he's not going to make it,' my heart skipped a beat. 'but I doubt it. He'll be fine in no time.' she said absent-mindedly, ignoring my horrified face. 'He has no internal injuries or any damage to any of his bones, lucky kid, so I guess we just have to wait until he gets out of that coma then.' I nodded and disappeared from view.