19 | Number One Girl. (2/2)

{Half A Year Later...}

(Sadé's P.O.V.)

"I'm hungry." Jordan whined from the backseat. I groaned and laid my head back, my cramped hands resting on the steering wheel. 

"What do you wanna eat?"

"I donno. What do you want to feed me?" He sang. I knew he wanted McDonalds, but he was just waiting for me to offer if he actually wanted it - why does he do that? I don't know. I guess it's just a child thing.

I chuckled, "Do you want McDon-"

"YES." 

Told you.

"Alrighty, then. McDonalds it is." I turned up the radio as I made a U-Turn back down the road to McDonalds. Jordan sang along with the song that was playing as he danced around in his seat, I chuckled at him as I watched him dance in the rear-view mirror from time to time. "Your so silly." I complimented, and he replied by giggling and dancing faster.

I sighed and shook my head, "Kids." I said to myself, rubbing my fat tummy. I was now five months pregnant, and let me tell you, it is HORRIBLE. I have muscle cramps, my feet and ankles are swollen, I have back pain, I walk like I'm constipated, I'm bloated... Shall I go on?

As you can see, being pregnant isn't easy - especially when you have to do everything by yourself. I have no one to take care of me, besides Jordan - who claims that I'm his number one girl, cute right?

"We're here!" Jordan chirped as I pulled into the drive-thru. I sat patiently, waiting for the person in front of me to hurry up with their damn order. But as I waited, Jordan decided to ruin my mood by saying, "Hey, isn't this where Jacob used to work? Or at least where you thought he worked?" 

I hung my head low, Jordan knows how I feel about Jacob - yet he he decides to bring his name up again. Ever since the day Jacob proposed to me, I haven't seen him or spoken to him since - and although I wish I had never rejected his proposal, I was too coward to go back and apologize. I feared that Jacob would’ve found a woman better than me, and I would look like a fool if I barged into his apartment while he was making out with another woman, or something. 

Whenever I slept at night, I would always dream about Jacob. Whether it was a terrible nightmare or a sweet dream - it was always about him. I figured it was some type of sign, and that God was trying to tell me that we were meant for each other, but I ignored it, thinking it was just a coincidence. 

But going back, you’re probably wondering why I rejected his proposal? To tell you the truth, I don’t know why I did it either. I was just so stressed out from all the hard times Jacob has put me through - and not to mention, I was five weeks pregnant, I was emotionally stressed and I couldn’t take it anymore, it was all too much for me to take in. Had he proposed to me a few weeks later, I would’ve said yes in a heartbeat, but that didn’t happen, did it?

Unless you’re some smart genius, it’s hard to understand Jacob. To this day I don’t understand why Jacob proposed to me, knowing his daughter was out missing, and I had just found out he was selling drugs - I guess, knowing that I was going to leave him, he was trying to give me a reason to stay. But at the end of the day, all this wouldn’t have happened if he had just told me the truth from the beginning. 

I sighed.

But if you can’t tell already - I miss Jacob. I miss the way he used to rub his big ass afro in my face when we watched TV, the way he used to play Mexican music as he made enchiladas and salsa'ed around the kitchen, the way he used to -