15 | 7 Minutes in Heaven.

If you haven't already, read the summary for my new Jacob Perez love story 'Crash Courses in Love' (; 

But this is kind of like the turning point of the story, so things are gonna change. And the first part of this chapter is just explaining to y’all what happened to Sadé  and Jacob. And I also completely forgot that Sadé had a broken leg! Let’s just pretend her leg magically healed, teehee.

________________________________________________________________________________ 

(Jacob's P.O.V.)

"Do you think she'll be okay, Doc?" I nervously chewed down on my bottom lip, something I always did when I was nervous or scared. I closed my eyes, secretly wanted the Doctor to say that everything was going to be fine, but something deep down inside of me told me that he was going to say the exact opposite. And I bet you're questioning what happened, so let me inform you.

After Jeremiah and his crew abandoned me in the forest, allowing me to burn to death, Makayla must've escaped from Juvenile Boot Camp, and somehow found me. I have no idea how she did it, but I’m not going to question it.

Anyhow, somehow I managed to get out safely, but as Makayla pulled me out of the fire, fire caught onto her jacket and well... You should be able to figure out the rest.

The Doctor sighed as he continuously clicked his pen, annoying the hell out of me. "Sorry but at this moment, we don't know. She's in a lot of pain right now, and I'm sure the burns and scars on her body are going to be permanent."

I rubbed my hands all over my face in frustration, this was all my fault. "But we'll do everything we can to saver her, alright?" The Doctor added. I knew he was trying to bring hope alive, but it was not working. At this point, I’m almost sure Makayla’s going to die - and there is nothing I can do about it. I should be the one laying on that hospital bed, not Makayla. She was only trying to help me, and look what that caused. 

"Alright," The Doctor gave me a half smile before he advanced back over to Makayla’s hospital bed, where he began to jot a few more sentences down on his clipboard. And taking that as a cue to leave, I turned on my heels and escorted myself out.

I trudged down the hospital hallways, depression forming inside of me. Although Makayla isn't my favorite person, I still feel sorry for her. The fact that numerous people have been sent to the hospital because of me and my stupid actions, bother me. I can’t fathom why people always have to pay for my mistakes, it’s unfair and I hate it. I guess I’m just going to have to understand that everything I do, is going to lead up to someone ending up in the hospital.

Once I reached the end of the hallway, I began to hear a few voices coming from the hospital room to my right. I leaned in a bit closer, trying to investigate who was talking. The names were on the tip of my tongue, but I just couldn’t out the puzzle pieces together. It sounded like a man and a girl, arguing with a Doctor. I curiously peaked my head through the door, only to see Sadé's father throwing his hands up, clearly annoyed with the Doctor he was arguing with. But once I saw Fatoumata standing next to Sadé's Dad, I burster through the door. "What's going on?" Everyone's head jerked over to my direction, and Fatoumata let out an exaggerated sigh.

She rubbed her temples, “Dammit!” I caught her mumble under her breath.