First Game

Chapter 6

"Ok... What do we have to do?" I ask Layla. She was at my place.

Its been a week I've been at school. I have been hanging out with Layla and she's been eating lunch with me and the cool kids. Seems like they're starting to like her.

"We have to do a... 3 page about a special event that happen here for history!" She explain, reading her agenda.

"Damn it! Can we do it in partners?" I ask.

"Ugh... Nope!" She mumble.

"Damn it!" I yell to the air.

I flop on my bed and took out my notebook. I flip on my stomach and grab my history book. I flip threw the pages. Just then, Jake walk in.

"Shei? Can we play ball!" He beg, jumping up and down my bed.

"Can't Jake! I have History homework due tomorrow!" I sigh deeply.

"Ahhh!" He whin.

He walk out and close the door behind him. I groan and started reading.

About an hour later, I slam my book shut. I threw my books in my bag.

"Done!" I yell at the air.

Layla was reading a book. She slam her book shut.

"Finally!" She sigh deeply. "What you wanna do now?"

"Dunno!" I sigh. I then shoot up and look at my clock. 5 PM! "Oh god! I've got a basketball game!" I yell and rush outside.

I saw the car gone. Great! I grab Royce's skateboard and put his helmet on. My Gym stuff was at school, where the game will be. I started skateboarding real fast towards school. I soon arrive and rush inside. I ran towards the girl changing room and got on my jersey with my famous number 31 and put on my black shorts and basketball shoes. I put y hair in a low ponytail and rush out. I saw the guys warming up. I ran up to them.

"Where were you!" Snap Royce.

"I was doing homework! I thought you would tell me when it was time!" I snap back, panting.

"Well sorry! I forgot!" He bark.

We glare at each other. The game soon started. Dan did the jump start. He pass me the ball and i took off sprinting towards the other teams' net. I then saw Royce with no defender on him. I made a sneaky pass and he did a net.

Soon, the game ended with 40-10 for my team. We all did our cheer and line up to shake hands with the other team. We then had a team meeting in the hallway. I was standing up, leaning against a locker, drinking out of my water bottle.

"We did well guys! I'm proud of you!" Said Coach.

We all clap.

"But," he said, interrupting our celebration. "We need a Team Captain!"

All the guys look at me. Took a second before i realize why. I spit out my water and whip my mouth.

"Who wants Sheila?" Ask the Coach.

All the hands got lift up.

"Looks like Sheila is our new Team Captain!" Declare Coach. I shrug and started to walk towards the girls change room.

"Whatever," I call over my shoulder.

I got change back into my normal outfit and grab Royce's skateboard and helmet. I walk outside and saw the guys there. I put on my helmet and jump of the steps, landing on the skateboard. I skate past them and Layla tackle me in a hug. I yelp and fell off my board, crashing on the hard cement. I burst out laughing. I push her off of me.

"Yeah for you!" She yell in the air.

"Shut up!" I chirp. We both laugh. I soon got up and grab the board.

"Wanna ride home?" She ask.

"Its ok! I got my skateboard!" I chirp and flip on it. "See ya tomorrow!" I sang.

We both laugh and i skateboard away.

"Sheila!" Royce called out. I stop and look behind me, then crashed in a tree. I fell on my ass. I groan in pain. Royce caught up to me and help me up. "Listen, sorry I yelled at you before," he told me.

"It's okay, I got carried away with homework," I protest.

"We're good?"

"We're good," I said and we shook hands.

"The team are going out for ice cream, wanna join?" Dan ask, joining us. The whole team were around us by now.

Maybe I should go back home... But Boss did order me to have a normal teenage life. I guess I have no choice. It sounds fun, too!

"Sure," I said, shrugging.

Later that night, I was almost asleep, when my phone vibrated. I groan and open my eyes. I let my eyes adjust to the darkness and grab my phone. I put The brightness the lowest and saw it was a text from Haley.

Hal-Girly (Hal's screen name to me) Hey, how r u girly?

Me: good. Joined a bball team

Hal-Girly: full of guys?

Me: how'd u know?

Hal-Girly: lol. Sweet, same on same ol here. Our room is so quiet without u girly

Me: same here

Hal-Girly: any cute guys there? ;)

Me: Hal! U know I only luv Matt and now that's he's dead, my luv life is dead! X(

Hal-Girly: right. Srry, didnt mean it

Me: I know, gtg 2morrow is another school day and I don't want 2 miss it

Hal-Girly: kk ttyl girly

Me: ttyl B)

I turn my phone off and went to sleep, thinking of Matt and Haley (mostly Matt), how'd he would hold me when I'm sad or depress, like now. But, the next thing I knew, Matt's face was gone and the ceiling appeared, my room full of light. I look outside and saw sun. It was morning. I sigh and sat up. All I know, I'll never see Matt again...