Chapter 8- Curators or Diabolus, Who Are You?

Happy Reading! Enjoy the semi-long chapter! 

                                                 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I felt a liquid dripping onto my forehead. I opened my eyes and focused in on a worn out ceiling. On the corners there was rust forming. Breathing was a challenge for me. The air felt musty and dense. I tried getting up from the dirty cold ground, but I was being restricted with some kind of invisible force. As a matter of fact, I couldn’t even move I was paralyzed. I used my current view to scan the rest of the room. The light here was dim but I could make out the closed black door to my right. There were no windows, just four walls, one door and the light coming from the crack underneath the door. It was hard to see because I couldn’t move my head.  I saw a flicker in the light from my peripherals. I heard unfamiliar voices coming from the opposite side of the door. I felt paranoid.

 “She’s become one of them. We can’t let her live!” a deep voice spoke.

“What proof is there making her guilty of anything? She is still of use to us. She lives until the master says so.” A more reasonable calm, feminine voice responded.

They want to kill me?

The door slammed opened exposing a bright light. I was blinded for a couple of seconds. Then the silhouette of two tall figures appeared before me. My body slowly floated from the ground and I was able to stand on my two feet. I couldn’t talk or move yet. I stared wide eyed at the two figures in front of me.

“You are sentenced to imprisonment for treason and the killing of souls until proven innocent.” The figure with the deep voice spoke.

I stared at the shadows still blinded by the light. I tried speaking, but I couldn’t.

My eyes felt heavy, it was hard keeping them open.

“Do you have anything to defend yourself with?” the feminine voice exclaimed.

Suddenly I could feel my mouth being released.

“Where am I and who are you?” I spat out, sounding braver then I felt.

“You wasted your chance to defend yourself by asking us questions? How pathetic have humans become?” the deep voiced figure retorted.

I went to say something, but I felt the force that was keeping me paralyzed more severe than before. My eyes were forced shut, as my body was being levitated to the unknown.

                                                                     ☼

When I was finally allowed to open my eyes, my surrounding was definitely not what I expected. Instead of being in a filthy, hardly breathable room I was in an open area with fresh air. There was a bright light surrounding the outskirts of the area. It was like being outside but surrounded by a glass wall. Except, outside was being blinded by a white light. I looked down and the ground was a beautiful blue color; the kind of blue that the ocean reflects into the sky.

“You are here before me to face your punishment.”

A voice spoke from thin air.

I did a 360 turn searching for the voice, but it had no face or figure.

“I’m sorry, but I don’t talk to thin air. If you want to have a conversation you’ll have to show yourself, Ms. Almighty.” I said sarcastically.

I felt a restriction in my airways. I grabbed at my neck gasping for air. I fell on my knees losing all the strength in my limbs. I waved my hand in the air desperately. After a few more torturing seconds I was able to breathe.