Chapter 4- Gavin

The beginning is Gavin's POV. I hope you enjoy! Happy reading everyone :3 Don't forget to comment and vote c:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 4-Gavin

I leave the forest feeling strange. The sun is almost rising and it's time for me to get back to the realm. Witnessing Silver float up to the sky was magnificent. I walk into the ocean; a small current returns me down to Acerbus along with all the other fruit eaters. I arrive to the glass palace and the guards request my presence in the court.

I'm right outside the room and I can hear the bickering among the crowd and the high council.

The guards open the door and allow me to walk in.

"Quiet! Maintain order in the court!" a loud, deep voice shouts.

High council Thomason is highly disapproving of the way things have been going on lately.

"Gavin, your presence is highly requested among the court," High council James spoke. His deep voice silences the crowd.

"Gavin, you say this girl is the one that will free us?" High council Thomason spoke.

The question startles me.

"Free us? What are we bonded by?"

The crowd gasp and I search in their dark, diluted eyes for the reason they are shocked by my question.

"Gavin we are Diabolus we are bonded by those weak hearted Curators that actually care for the humans. We need to find a way to go to the human world whenever we feel like it. We must take over our realm and enslave the Curators!"

The crowd cheers wildly, I do not understand where they get their sudden energy.

"Yes of course, but we must be patient. The girl is foolish so she will believe anything I say or ask her to do."

The crowd becomes calm. I can see the deep ocean colors from right outside the large glass building becoming darker. The only thing trapping us here is the shield the Curators placed on us long ago. We found a way to escape it but only when the sun's light becomes so close to the water it weakens the shield. The colors are so vivid it makes our dark realm awaken and almost seem as a pleasant dwelling. The sun is rising and the crowd is dulling.

This is usually the time when we are caged in by the Curators.

"If you are correct, you will be rewarded the highest honors. I do have another question before the meeting is adjourned."

Thomason's wrinkled face becomes hard and I can expect this to be a very serious question. He stands up from his seat that is placed on a balcony and floats down towards me. His gray hair lands on his face and his eyes are the darkest I've ever seen. His white pupils can see right through anything or anyone.

"Gavin your soul, some of its darkness has faded. What has happened?"

My soul is supposed to be one of the darkest. That's impossible. I try to remember the previous events and I recall Silver.

"I-I don't know. It must have been when I collided with the girl. But it's impossible," I float towards the glass and examine my reflection.

My hair is no longer pitch black. It has completely turned light brown. The most shocking things are my eyes. They are purple and hazel and my white pupils are gray.