Chapter 7- Silver's Light

Hey Everyone :D Thanks for reading! I hope you enjoy this chapter. More coming up soon. Leave me some comments below and tell me what you think of the story so far! :D 

SONG:You Be The Anchor That Keeps My Feet On The Ground And I'll Be The Wings That Keeps Your Heart In The Clouds

ARTIST: Mayday Parade

ALBUM: A Lesson in Romantics

<3~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<3

Chapter 7- Silver’s Light

            The warming sun melted into the horizon. The striking colors painted the clouds, completely overwhelming all my senses. I parked Aeron’s jeep, sitting in the driver’s seat completely forgetting about everything. All I could see was the beautiful sky in front of me. The ocean water was calmed, almost too calmed. It was all stunning, then I heard something but it sounded distant. I realized that all I could see was the sky and ocean, nothing else.

            The sound of the passenger’s seat slamming into the jeep brought me back. I rubbed my fingers on my temple, slowly shaking off whatever trance I was in. I jumped out of the jeep, gently closing the door. Mason was standing a few feet ahead of me, looking stranger than usual. When his knees hit the grass creating this blinding light, a scream of rage and pain left his lips. A burning sensation carved its way onto my wrist. I looked down finding the words ‘Credere non’ tattooed beautifully on my wrist. It’s been a while since words have magically appeared on my skin.

            I did some research on the previous tattoo, before it was gone. The words ‘Amicus inimicus’ is Latin for ‘A friend of the enemy’, I have absolutely no idea what that’s supposed to mean.

            The tattoo glowed brighter than anything I’ve ever seen. I shielded my eyes, seconds later it was completely gone; and so was the sun.

            Mason’s body stopped glowing. His kneeled body was slowly inching forward. I ran over to him just in time to catch him. His chest fell gently in my arms. I directed my attention to the place his eyes fell just before he collapsed.

            Either I’m blind, or I am completely unaware of my surrounding at all time. Dozens of bodies were spread out throughout the beach, lying lifeless on the sparkling white sand. My knees felt the pressure of Mason’s weight. I placed him smoothly on the ground, standing up and observing the area.

            The ocean waves were crashing against the bodies that were closer to the ocean. The two bodies that stood out the most were the girls tied up to a palm tree with slashes everywhere. They must have been sacrifices.

 I walked cautiously around the bodies, observing each of their pale faces. Bodies covered in gashes and blood, some with missing body parts. This is completely disgusting.

            A cold, wintry breeze made me shiver, then suddenly all the hairs on my neck ascended. I could feel this electric current running through my body.

            “Are you stupid or do you just act stupid?” a familiar British accent spoke from behind me.

            “Gavin!” I yelled in relief. Before I knew it I was running towards him, wrapping my arms around him. “I’m so glad you came! I-I… I’m scared.” His cold hands grabbed my arms and pushed me away abruptly.

            “I’m not here to save you.” His voice was cold and distant. He looked exactly like the first time I met him. White pupils and his iris were black. The creepiest eyes I’ve ever seen in my life. His mouth was covered in blood, along with his worn out clothes.