Chapter 3- Realization

Story is finally coming together I hope you guys enjoy. Thanks for reading :D And if you can vote or comment what you think about the chapter, or the story so far that would be sweet!!

xoxox-Laury : 3  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 3

            In all my existence I have tried to live a normal life. To go unnoticed by people at school was my ultimate goal. In high school, if you heard the name Silver it would be from the cheerleaders yelling the school colors from the football field.

           I’m only labeled as ‘the girl that’s always around Aeron’ and sometimes they act like I’m not even there. I have learned to turn it off over the years. Going on vacation every summer helps, I feel important here, noticed.

           I have never had this problem. My life has always been simple and sometimes boring. Except when Aeron’s around, he makes it better at times. I just never been in danger before and it feels overpowering. This is what my life was missing, some danger.

           As I stared into his dark mixed hazel eyes I knew exactly what he could do for me. Provide danger. Even if he says he’s my so called guardian. I want danger. And I’m hoping if I stick around him long enough, I’ll find it.

          “So guardian you say?” I back away from his embrace.

          “Yes, I’m here to help you.”

          “Yet I found you, weak as turtle stealing food from my house. I don’t understand.”

           He grabs my hand and pulls me away from the water and up the hill, where there is huge boulders and right at the edge, a cliff. We sit down facing the ocean. The hot sun is tucked away behind the clouds but you can still feel the heat. You can hear the waves crashing against the rocks at the bottom of the cliff from here.

           “My name’s Gavin, I came here on a business trip in the very late 1900s. My father was a wealthy business man that traded tea for sugar canes here. I was rather young at the time, considering I no longer age. I was traveling on my horse and I came across this beach. In England the beach is not as clear and beautiful. I was hypnotized. I spent that whole afternoon here. I became hungry and went searching for food. Just north of the beach there was a strikingly large tree with delicious looking fruit. I climbed the tree and recovered one of its fruits. I walked down to the beach and sat on the sparkling white sand.”

           Gavin’s distant eyes became so enticing. I could read every single emotion displayed on his soft, graceful face.

           “The fruit was beautiful and I had never seen anything like it. I rolled up my slacks and took off my riding boots. The cool water freshened my feet and I took a bite of the fruit. That’s when it happened. My life changed completely, the water current pulled me further into the ocean. I had no control over my body, I went with the current and it took me to a place called Acerbus. I was deep into the ocean but I wasn’t dead, I could breathe. It was truly marvelous.”

            So he was breathing under water, what’s the big whoop? I signal him to continue and he nods his head.

            “Acerbus is an underwater city where the people who have eaten the devil fruit go. It is a very dark place at the bottom of the ocean. A dark castle resides with in its territory. Not everyone who eats the fruit becomes evil. There are two types of spirits someone can become. One is called a Curator and the other is Diabolus.”