CHAPTER ELEVEN

CHAPTER ELEVEN
DEATH WOULD BE TOO KIND

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

     Rowan lurched forward the second Elena cried out in pain, catching her before she could fall to the ground. Jeremy and Bonnie were rambling, their panic showing in their words. Rowan kept her mouth shut as she pushed Elena to sit down on the picnic table. The scent of her blood was all around her, making Rowan almost dizzy with the hunger that suddenly burned inside of her stomach and throat. She had to sink her nails into the soft flesh of her palms just to focus. Elena wasn't the blood inside of her. She was soft and kind and warm and currently in pain, and the second Rowan remembered that, her hunger vanished.

At that moment, Elena let out another cry of pain, and blood appeared on her upper arm, soaking through the pink sweater. Rowan, feeling completely panicked, automatically pressed her hands against the wound, trying to slow the blood flow at least a little bit. There was a roaring in her ears. She couldn't really process the words coming out of Bonnie's mouth, couldn't process what Jeremy was doing. All she could focus on was the blood staining Elena's sweater and the pained sounds coming out of her mouth.

"What's going on?" Jeremy shouted, and Rowan was suddenly aware of her surroundings again, the roaring in her ears leaving so abruptly that she became overwhelmed. Elena was clutching at her, one hand on her arm and the other placed over the hand Rowan had pressed to her wound. She was trembling, her face pale.

"Rowan, here," Bonnie murmured, brow furrowing in thought, her movements slowing as she handed something to Rowan. Rowan didn't know where she had gotten the cloth she was shoving into Rowan's free hand, but she wasn't going to ask. She removed her hand and replaced it with the cloth, murmuring a small sound of comfort when Elena hissed through clenched teeth.

"Bonnie, what the hell is happening?" Jeremy demanded. Something seemed to click inside of Bonnie's mind, her head snapping up in realization.

"It's Katherine," she said, the words coming out fast and sharp. "She's linked to Katherine, get them to stop! Now!" She was directing those words toward Jeremy, though Rowan was far faster than he was. Bonnie must have sensed that Rowan wasn't going to leave Elena's side. Jeremy didn't question the order either, immediately turning and running toward the Lockwood mansion. Somewhere inside, Damon and Stefan were trying to kill Katherine, and they were failing. Rowan hoped they would continue to fail until Jeremy got to the sealed room.

Elena swayed from where she sat at the table, the pain making her woozy. Rowan leaned away and let her fangs slide out, biting into her right wrist without a second thought. She barely felt the pain, pulling her mouth away and raising her wrist to Elena's own.