Chapter Thirty-One

One week later
Aija's POV
"No."

"Yes."

"No Jayceon." I repeated yet again. Jayceon and I are in the hospital room arguin' bout where the kids and I are going to be living. Jayceon brought a new house three days ago for us but the house isn't just for us, it's for him as well. It's not that I don't want to move into a house with him 'cause it would be good for the kids to be able to spend more time with their dad. But, I don't want him or the kids thinkin' that me and Jayceon are together 'cause that's not the case. I just think that he and I need time together as co-parents before we decide if we want to be together again.

It's been five years and a lot has changed with myself and him so we just need time to figure out if we're still compatible or not.

I got broken out of my rambling thoughts when I heard several little footsteps runnin' into the room. I looked at the door and seen the kids, Aaron, and my mom walking through the door.

Ava, Jayvion, and Aaron ran straight to Jayceon leavin' me with a pout on my mouth. Until my baby JJ came and wrapped his arms around my waist. I smiled and hugged him back while planting kisses around his face until he pushed my face away yellin' that I was givin' him cooties.

I laid back on the bed waiting on the doctor to bring me my discharge papers.

"So..." My mom began.

"So what?" I questioned looking over at her.

"Has Jayeon asked you anything lately?" She sang.

I sigh, "You know don't you?"

She giggled, "Of course I know. I helped him find the house. It's absolutely gorgeous and it's everything and more that you want in a house."

"Mom I'm not moving in with Jayceon." I exclaimed.

"Why not?" She pouted. If it isn't obvious my mom is team Jayceon and she has no problem expressing that.

"Don't you think it's too soon? Besides I don't want him to get the idea that we'll get back together."

"Ugh," She yelled, "Why can't you just admit that you miss that man and you would love to be a family again. What's it going to take for you to realize that you still love Jayceon and that you want to be with him? That you want him being a father to your children? When Jayceon walks through the door with another woman on his arm announcing that he loves her and she'll be his wife is that when you'll realize that you missed out on a good thing? Baby I know he's hurt you in the past but you need to let it go and give him a second chance. Everyone deserves a second chance I mean look at us. Did you ever think that me and you would have the relationship today that we have? 'Cause when I got out of rehab I didn't think you'd allow me back in you and Ava's life yet you did. Give him another chance baby. Wipe the slate clean and start fresh." She finished raving.

I sat and thought for a minute until I began nodding. I looked at Jayceon playin' with the kids and smiled a small smile.

"Hey Jace." I yelled.

"Huh?" He absentmindedly said not looking up at me.

"Yes." I simply replied.

He sat with a confused look on his face until he realized what I meant and he started smilin' hard and throwin' the kids in the air. I giggled and glanced at my mom who nodded at me. I sigh I hope this is the right thing.

*****

"Daddy where are we going?" Ava asked from the backseat of the truck.