One- Shot #14 ~ Narration

"Hello?"

The small voice rang throughout the hall, making a quiet echo. The only sounds were the pounding of the rain on the roof and the occasional cracking of thunder, bringing a strike of lightning along. It almost seemed like tonight was meant to be.The darkness, the eeriness..... It was almost as if maybe someone was waiting in the shadows....

"Julian! What are you doing awake?" 

Another voice. The mother of the small child, it seemed. She pushed her blonde locks behind her face before picking up the helpless child in her arms. She waited for his answer, but for a minute, all that was recieved was trembling from the small boy, as he shivered in his mothers arms.

"I.... I had a nightmare mummy!"

The cry from the child was somewhat pitying. But it is also quite immature. Oh mummy, my mind made a nightmare! Even though they don't exist, they still scare me ever so much! It's quite pathetic really. The mother holds the child tighter as he continues with his sobs.

"It's okay honey, it's all okay.... I'm always here for you."

Here for him? Ha! You won't be there for him when he needs to live in your basement!

“Okay.”

The child smiles up at it’s mother, joyful of her presence. It seems as if he truly looks up to her.

“Come on sweetie, it’s time for you to go back to bed!”

The mother carried the child to his bedroom, slowly laying him down in his bed, before tucking him in.

“There you go honey, will you be okay here alone?”

She looked at him with concern filling her eyes, trying her best to keep her only child safe and happy.

“Yes mummy.”

The child smiled up at her, the innocence shining in his bright eyes. The joy he had was spread throughout the room, making the mother smile herself.

“Alright, goodnight Julian.”

She kissed his forehead, smoothing the covers over her child flatly 

“Goodnight mummy." 

The lights were turned out once more in the child’s room, but this time, fear did not cross him, for he knew he was safe. His mother would always protect him, right? 

The mother pushed her hair behind her ear before entering her own bedroom and climbing into her bed. She sighed, realizing her spot was cold again, chilled from the absence of her presence. She pulled her covers up, before snuggling down happily.

She closed her eyes in peace, before opening them and staring up.

 “John? What are you doing?”

 And there goes my great narrating skills.

----

A/N: Well, that was different. And very short. Just like the move Maleficent. But hey, I updated! Also, I'm going to update A LOT this summer. I've actually been off for three weeks, I just was lazy and had finals.

Thank you for waiting!

Vote (PLEASE.)

Comment (PLEASE I DON'T GET TO TALK WITH ANY OF YOU ANYMORE IT'S SO SAD.)

Thank you for waiting sooooo much!