One-Shot #16: Dead as a doornail

She entered the room, and immediately the silence created a certain indescribable tension. She breathed deeply, before smoothing out her skirt and stepping closer.

"Um, Mr. McCartney? Sir?"

He looked up and smiled softly. In front of him stood Ms. Johnson, the young, quiet therapist to his daughter. She was somewhat tall for a woman, standing 5'8 in a white blouse, black and grey striped sweater vest, and black skirt. She played with the bracelet on her wrist as she waited for words from him.

He stood up, shaking Ms. Johnson's hand before sitting down again.

"So, how is Elizabeth?" She breathed deeply, before beginning.

"I'm afraid she has a greater suffering than you thought, sir."

Mr. McCartney raised an eyebrow before sighing himself. She waited patiently for him to comprehend the information given to him.

"Well, she'll be okay, right? She has to be! She has to, she has to! I can't deal with this loss, I have too much..."

"Too much? Excuse me, sir, but you need to care about her, the well being of her, not the stress in your life." Mr. McCartney breathed deeply, forming several thoughts in his mind.

Of course, Ms. Johnson was correct. He shouldn't just think about himself. But, the album had to be finished, without Brian...

"Mr. McCartney? Are you alright?" He looked up at Ms. Johnson, and for a moment, realized something incredible.

She looked like an angel, with her dirty blonde hair in soft curls, the blue lights reflecting as a mirror of her soul. Her nose was small, but her smile was big; it lit up the room. But no, Ms. Johnson was not smiling. She looked tired, weak, stressed from her work. She looked lost among humans.
She was a pearl among clams...

"Tell me, what's wrong with Elizabeth?" Ms. Johnson tugged at the sleeve of her blouse before beginning.

"Elizabeth suffers from a deep, severe depression that needs immediate attention. of she doesn't receive the love and care she deserves I'm afraid--"

"Excuse me, but are you accusing me of not loving my own daughter? And depression? Depression?! She's a six year old, happy innocent child! Ms. Johnson, you clearly have no idea what you are saying, I can guarantee Elizabeth does not have depression."

Ms. Johnson stood silently as Mr. McCartney yelled at her for what seemed like ages. But she was right. Elizabeth didn't receive enough love. Her father was almost never home, her mother had passed away during birth... No one gave her the love that she deserved. Ms. Johnson knew that Elizabeth had a large heart; she could love the entire world. But if she can't even receive love from her own father, how will she ever love anyone?

"How often are you at home, with your daughter, Mr. McCartney?" He looked up at her, before sighing.

"I suppose not very often... I'm very busy." She gave a sad look, her eyes filled with a pain from possibly a dark past, maybe even a darker present. If that was the case, what would her future hold?

"Look, Ms. Johnson, I love my daughter, and I try my best to give her everything she needs. I encourage and support her, and I don't think my parenting is poor!" Ms. Johnson held in a sigh, before putting a hand on his shoulder.

"Mr. McCartney, do you not want her to get the care she needs?" He thought for a moment. This woman, she was crazy for these theories! Elizabeth was happy, she was full of joy, she was like a ray of sunshine. This couldn't be possible that she could be depressed....

"She is fine without her unnecessary care, Ms. Johnson. Have a good day." He stood up swiftly,before retrieving her daughter and going home.

-2 weeks later-